Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named M40 Luftwaffe

Article about: Hello Forum, Thanks to the good advice of the Forum i saved my money, and bought a better, just this spring on a estate sale discovered, helmet then i originally intended on GhW. Its an NS p

Default Named M40 Luftwaffe

Hello Forum,

Thanks to the good advice of the Forum i saved my money and bought a definitly better helmet.

Its an hkp produced M40 Single Decal Luftwaffe, in size 64 and and, because of the owners name E. Wiegand (Its interesting how the W almost looks like the Volkswagen Logo) which has been written in white paint inside the skirt, not decipherable Lotn.

Liner is damaged, but seems to retain his original drawstring, the helmet is missing the chinstrap completly.

Now i just hope everything works fine with shipment and coustoms, as i have never bought from the US before and the laws on the import of Swastikas worries me, although i would classify this helmet as almost denazified.

Named M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 Luftwaffe
    Last edited by Adravor; 11-18-2020 at 06:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named M40 Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Technically there is no Swaz (Just parts of it)

Well "used" but solid helmet at a fair price.

The name is interesting as when you look close it appears it was painted twice. The under layer has some pink in the paint. But hard to be sure from the photos

Helmet btw is an HKP. Not an NS

I like it. Congrats.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good one Adravor. Just told MAP there was a super cheap Luft for sale. Nice helm and great bargain. You’ll be aight w the swaz. Otherwise. Well all visit you in jail. Enjoy and congrats.
    Z

Congratulations Adravor, a nice salty lid in totally original condition. I saw this one for sale somewhere and really liked the name in it. Im sure there’ll be no issues with it getting to you.

Finally going home and to the next custodian!

Andy

TWS
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Congratulations Adravor, a nice salty lid in totally original condition. I saw this one for sale somewhere and really liked the name in it. Im sure there’ll be no issues with it getting to you.

Finally going home and to the next custodian!

Andy
    Same here. Saw it somewhere as well. The large name in the skirt is easy to recall.

Congrats Adravor!!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Jan
    ?

Very nice one, looking at the W maybe the owner had some kind of connection with VolksWagen

Best, Jan

Definitely an SE/hkp helmet , nice score. In every category there are winner helmets and this is a winner. Those are the ones you should look for.

Indeed a nice one you picked up here.
    Nice worn condition.
    As said it's a hkp (the seller on GHW also mentions it in between the photos somewhere)
    Luis

Yes, had somehow NS in my head. Corrected it!

Great lid. Good honest wear. Love the Luft helmets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast