Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Named Police M35

Article about: Hello Forum, its been a long time since i´ve posted on here - but now i have this coming in the mail and i had to share it. A salty but really nice DD Police M35, made by SE found in Norway

Default Named Police M35

Hello Forum,

its been a long time since i´ve posted on here - but now i have this coming in the mail and i had to share it.

A salty but really nice DD Police M35, made by SE and found in Norway.
    It looks like someone scratched the Decals Post war, but i think it still has a nice look to it, with the decals atleast 40% remaining.

The ultimate buying point for me was the beautiful Name and Unit marking. 3./ Pol 7. which likely points to 3. Group of Polizei Regiment 7, from 1943 on SS-Polizei Regiment 7.
    The Regiment served in Norway from 1943 on and did so till the end of the war, so i think its very likely the helmet belongs to that Regiment.
    I did not find anything related to a Niederländer in this Regiment, but i will definitly continue my research in that direction.

Here is the beauty:

Named Police M35Named Police M35Named Police M35Named Police M35Named Police M35Named Police M35

Regards,
    Adravor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named Police M35
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Congrats! Salty exterior but still solid. A great name and unit ID!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice addition Adravor which ties in with its location nicely. A challenge to locate the owner as he is not necessarily of German origin given the large numbers of foreign members conscripted into these units.

The Stab and I Bataillon of SS Pol Rgt 7 were based at Trondheim.

II Bataillon at Spillum

III Bataillon at Narvik

The unit went into British captivity in 1945.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 04-30-2022 at 10:50 PM.

It finally arrived! And surprise: It has a second name! In the liner is written what I think could be Josef Niederländer. I will have to do more research in regards to that.
    Here are some pics!

Named Police M35Named Police M35Named Police M35Named Police M35