Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.

Article about: An ND M42 helmet, sized 66 that arrived a few days ago. This helmet is twice named on its pig skin liner that has darkened with hard use. With typical wear to the outside of the dome lots of

Default ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.

An ND M42 helmet, sized 66 that arrived a few days ago. This helmet is twice named on its pig skin liner that has darkened with hard use. With typical wear to the outside of the dome lots of paint remains on the rest of the shell. Interestingly, the feldgrau paint in this example is distinctly lighter in its shade of green than any of the other M42’s in my collection. A solid used example of the German WW2 helmet in its final form, it is named twice to the same soldier on the liner. I’d be happy to hear any suggestions as to what the name might be.

Hope you like it.
    Andy

ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Unfortunately Andy, it is not a name. It says "Property of Michael"

Great pick up. Iconic! That pig skin liner is classic as well! And love the dome wear on it!

Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Aha! Thar she blows. Nice one Andy.... great Patina on this one as well. I like that Leather in that one too. Its hard to do a group photo isnt it? At least for me it is ....with an Iphone and limited NYC space before the neighbors are all looking down into my backyard at the crazy "Nazi" below.

The name in script is great. Funny kids probably have a hard time writing their names these days. And Back then everything was done in such perfect script. "Bluganell"??? LOL prob not but thats what I see. Let me look again .... I think it says "Property of Michael" !!!! Oh well .... better ship this back across the sea now. Was nice while it lasted.

As we discussed M42s ranked number 3 on my list of Fav Helmet Models. This was based off a KM M42 size 62 that I had for a bit. It was an odd shape for me. THEN when I got a new one size 66 ... the shape started to look a lot cooler to me. And I dig these more and more as I do your example A personal preference. Size does not bother me in the slightest with other models. Thanks for sharing

Z
    Last edited by PaddyD00; 08-01-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Congratulations, nice pick up.
    Nice group pics as well.

A beautiful example, i love it, congratulations!

The name... is hard, its in "Altdeutsch" i guess, here is a table with the letters, maybe that helps.

ND M42 hkp66 Lot nr’ 4253.

So far i think the first letter may be an L or an B, so far i think its an L. the first two letters maybe Li? The next an a or an e, and the last two an double l?

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys. Appreciated.

Adravor, it was suggested elsewhere that it was sutterlin but you being a native German speaker I will go with what you have suggested. The alphabet will be very helpful when I have another look later - thanks.

Andy

Well, i think Sütterlin is Altdeutsch... which means basically just Old-german. But Sütterlin would probably be more exact. I hope the Alphabet can help you, names are always facinating on these helmets!

Great looking helmet Andy - you sure like the M42! They look really good together - well photographed.

Shame on the broken chinstrap, but on the other hand it also looks like it is original to the helmet.

Is that a shoe string for liner cord?

nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks! I like them all but yes, I do like M42’s. The liner string is odd as it looks correct except for that crimping on the ends. Meant to mention that. Probably is a shoelace but then wondered if they were all issued like that before the ends fell off.

Andy

Exactly what i thought - because when you look at it it looks very much like a genuine liner string.
    It is very long, so were they cut down - or is this a shoe lace?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast