Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New DD SS helmet for review

Article about: I think this helmet looks good, but what does everyone else see? The guy said that it was his grandfathers bring back. The batch number seems to match up.

Default New DD SS helmet for review

I'm seeing some weird things on this helmet, but just because its different doesn't mean its not real, what does everyone else think? Is it a luftschutz helmet with fake decals? The guy said that it was his grandfathers bring back. The batch number seems to match up with a SS DD.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New DD SS helmet for review   New DD SS helmet for review  

Attached Images Attached Images New DD SS helmet for review  New DD SS helmet for review  New DD SS helmet for review  New DD SS helmet for review  New DD SS helmet for review 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New DD SS helmet for review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Would be nice if we had a straight on shot of the decals and photos that can be expanded.

But from what little I can see these are fake decals. Ruins stop above the break and are too fat for a Q. Typical "chip" at the bottom (round bottom fake?) .

Looks like it's trying to be a Pocher. But I will let others with more knowledge opine any further. But please give us better photos.

That's pretty much all I can say based on these photos.

Also I've never heard of a beaded SS helmet.

I will say that the round circle on the helmet is interesting. Obviously a manufacturing flaw. Something I've never seen before. While I think most people agree that beaded helmets were for "non-combat worthy" duty. This is some nice evidence to further support that.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not sure I fully understand your feedback. LOL

MAP
    ?

Odd....I thought I typed a response...give me a min and I will correct

Edit: Retyped my response above in Post #2 (was typing from a cell phone and must have done something wrong originally)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Would be nice if we had a straight on shot of the decals and photos that can be expanded.

But from what little I can see these are fake decals. Ruins stop above the break and are too fat for a Q. Typical "chip" at the bottom (round bottom fake?) .

Looks like it's trying to be a Pocher. But I will let others with more knowledge opine any further. But please give us better photos.

That's pretty much all I can say based on these photos.

Also I've never heard of a beaded SS helmet.

I will say that the round circle on the helmet is interesting. Obviously a manufacturing flaw. Something I've never seen before. While I think most people agree that beaded helmets were for "non-combat worthy" duty. This is some nice evidence to further support that.
    Hi, I apologize for the poor photos, but these are all that I am able to get from the seller right now. They are about 100 miles away from me and I'm debating whether it's worth the drive to inspect further or not. I will ask for more photos though. Thanks for your feedback so far.

MAP
    ?

I will not say much more only because I know the limits of my "limited" expertise with these decals. Hopefully others with more knowledge will be around to comment.

But based on what I see...it looks like a humped up helmet to stay far away from. I always love it though when I'm proven wrong.

Not worth the trip. It is a no decal beaded shell with fake decals. You'll spend more in gas than the helmet is worth. Jim G.

Thank you Jim for the quick response. It's much appreciated. I'll be sure to save the gas money. I am interested in what that dimple impression on the top of the lid is. It looks to be under the paint.

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Not worth the trip. It is a no decal beaded shell with fake decals. You'll spend more in gas than the helmet is worth. Jim G.
    Thanks Jim for confirming my suspicions

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    Thank you Jim for the quick response. It's much appreciated. I'll be sure to save the gas money. I am interested in what that dimple impression on the top of the lid is. It looks to be under the paint.
    That round dimple is a manufacturing flaw. Hence the helmet was not up to combat duty and a bead was added for use as a second line helmet.

?

Those are well known repro decals as sold by Reddick and others. The Q beaded lid may be salvageable.

Robt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast