Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

new helmet

Article about: just got helmet, not to sure about wire

?

Default new helmet

new helmetjust got helmet, not to sure about wire new helmetnew helmetnew helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement new helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: new helmet

I'm no expert, but the wire looks new. I am not sure on the helmet it looks ok to me.

?

Helmet looks to be a very nice salty M40, NS64 with a nice original liner and chin strap, remains of decal, possibly period removed, the wire not too sure about but there appears to be a certain patina and pressure marks on the helmet rims but this could have been added post war, i would say that you have got yourself a decent helmet with that been there look, personally i would take a damp cloth and wipe the dust away from the interior and the external ,, it wont harm the helmet, and show the true colour, the chin strap is nicely dated as well 1941, plus it looks like an original liner string, if you dont mind , how much was it

Agree with everything dave has said above. Looks like a great lid thats a combat vet, just the wire doesnt seem right, though it has been there awhile by the looks of it. I wouldnt have turned it down if it was offered to me

Most of wires are not originals but helmet is OK with or without that wire.

?

he wanted 6 bills, but did some work on his yard landscaping,and knocked it down to $200 thanks for the help

Quote by lamont View Post
    he wanted 6 bills, but did some work on his yard landscaping,and knocked it down to $200 thanks for the help
    Lamont, you got a great deal !

I also think it is good, except perhaps for the wire, but this is the way
    you found it and I'd leave it exactly the way it is.................!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 03-28-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

think the wire might have a good chance if you look at were its attached it looks to have been there for some time ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new helmet  

?

Hells bells, $200 , thats about £95 here in England, thats one hell of a deal for a bit of hard work, i would have ripped the guys arm off for that