Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

New helmet model 40(?) -trying to verify

Article about: New to collecting and picked this helmet up recently. Not a high end one but gotta start somewhere. I tried to research before i bout at auction and believe it to be a model 40. Hopefully it

Default New helmet model 40(?) -trying to verify

New to collecting and picked this helmet up recently. Not a high end one but gotta start somewhere. I tried to research before i bout at auction and believe it to be a model 40. Hopefully it is legit. Looks like a faint et62 on left inside flap. Band doesnt seem original to me but not sure. Any thoughts appreciated.New helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verify

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New helmet model 40(?) -trying to verify
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Yes. Appears to be an original M40.

Would love to see outside photos of it (daylight / overcast / out of direct sunlight) as I'm not sure of the paint. Certainly looks like black (?) paint on the interior chin strap bales.

Any markings on the inside rear skirt or near the chin bales?

Liner (?) obviously has been messed with. I'm sure someone took out a rotted liner and put this strip of leather in. Photos of the split pins will tell for sure if the liner band was out or someone just jury rigged this strip of leather in. Almost looks like a visor sweatband.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I’ll post some natural light pictures tomorrow. The chin bales Are balck and paint looks fairly original to the piece. I checked for markings by the bales on inside skirt and did see a very small raised marking by the right chin bale although i tried all kinds of light to make it out with no success as jt is fairly small. Looks and feels like a raised marking of some sort.

The paint does appear to have patina to it and there is a patch that has a small amount blue/grey paint underneath (as outlined) which leads me to wonder if it may have been a Luftwaffe helmet that was painted as a Flak helmet at some stage. Or someone was trying to turn it into a former SS?

Could you please post some closeup picture of both side of the helmet so that we can see if there are/were any decals?

New helmet model 40(?) -trying to verify

Thanks,
    Andrew

MAP
    ?

I missed that you said it was an ET62. Sorry.

New photos will help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, as said, original steel, and the paint may well turn out to be what we call a Luftwaffe or HEER "blackie"! Looks like a No:1 cap of some sort had it's sweat band pulled out to be used in this one. Leon.

Seems to have a sweat band from a visor cap.

New helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyNew helmet model 40(?) -trying to verifyFew more pics in natural light