Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

Article about: pammy, great photos of the KuK !....I cant make anything out re/ink marks on your helmet, sorry. As for value, got to be around \\$800.

?

Default New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

HI,FINALY THE GUY CAME TO A PRICE I COULD AFFORD,HELP ON VALUE AND WAS TOLD ITS A RARE ONE?THANKS THE CHIN STRAP IS ALL THERE EVERY THING IS ORIGINAL UNTUCHED AS THE INSIDE IS HARDLY A linner but its still some there...thanks opinoins please..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet   New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New ww1 Austrian/German helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default re: New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  

pammy, a nice Austro-Hungarian (not German) model 1916 Stahlhelm !....please show interior, and are there any markings on the helmet, numbers/letters etc.
    Oradour.
    Last edited by oradour; 05-12-2010 at 07:46 PM.

?

hi,i was told it was this..Very scarce “type” helmet worn on special occasions by the Austrian Rural Police (I’m told). These were Model 1916 style helmets but produced just after WWI (different rivets). The brownish-green paint is 95% intact and quite presentable. This is detachable by unscrewing this nut and bolt configuration. The size 66 is in very good condition. Desirable steel helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  

?

this is a found in this condition never messed with,as the liner deterated ..but chin strap is not leather but differend..the camera is making it look gray,as its brownish green inperson..

Nice one, Pammy.
    Glad you were able to get it !

Regards, Steve.

?

hi,you may be correct as i know nothing abought this stuff this is what the guy that brang it back from ww2 said..thats a qote from rapture duck as he has one on his site,the vet said the same thing?before i ever seen the one on the other site as i tryed to do some reserch on it before i spent a $1000
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet   New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  

?

thanks Oradour and steve,he finaly let go of it as he said it was a hard thing to do... there is a small spot in the inside at the bottom of surface rust ,how can i take care of that so it will not get worst?thanks guys! ITS A BIG HELMET SIZE!! WOULD IT BE BETTER TO LEAVE AS IS?OR SHOULD I TRY TO BUY A LINER?

pammy, ive never heard the rural police story before, .....i think it may be a bit of poetic licence on behalf of the seller !....its metal liner band is as, on the Austro-Hungarian model 1916 helmet. 416,000 German manufactured M16's, were infact, between May 1917 and January 1918, delivered to the KuK army by the German army, and between the same dates the Austro-Hungarians manufactured approx 534,000 of their own helmets, these were nearly identical to the German M16 helmets but were made from a weaker steel alloy.The differences were the chinstrap mounts being proper bail types set higher up than on the German model , liner construction and finish, usually a greenish brown. These helmets were fitted with a unique cloth chinstrap an buckle. Yours ticks all these boxes.
    Last edited by oradour; 05-12-2010 at 07:54 PM.

?

Ok,thank you as thats great to know i love it no matter what it is,as it has that been there look for sure and was able to talk with the guy abought it..thank you so much for your help on it..does this have any value?or are you saying its not as good as the other typ that i thought it was?thank you either way i do not have hardly anything in it,but the same looking helmet is on a dealers site and thats the color of mine dont know whY the camera is making it out to a gray/blue color?thank you so much,i just love it!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast