Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Normandie Camo good or bad?

Article about: Hi guys i am collecting for about 2 years now, and i can buy my first camo helmet (Normandie?) the seller told me he has the helmet found in a box after cleaning a house,he got a sort of sec

?

Default Normandie Camo good or bad?

Hi guys

i am collecting for about 2 years now, and i can buy my first camo helmet (Normandie?)
    the seller told me he has the helmet found in a box after cleaning a house,he got a sort of second hand shop in the Netherlands were i live.
    i need your help with this one?

thanks Wesley
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandie Camo good or bad?   Normandie Camo good or bad?  

Normandie Camo good or bad?   Normandie Camo good or bad?  

Normandie Camo good or bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandie Camo good or bad?
    P
    Many

Much better pics (close ups) needed to form an opinion. So far all I see is rust. Something of this caliber needs close ups in detail
    D.

?

thank you real steel from what kind of part do you need close ups? i can ask if he could take them

weske

I personally am not a big fan of the leather, I am suspecting it might have been replaced, looks artificially aged to me and there also appear to be some recently done scratches in the leather at the rear.
    The rest I can't really comment on.
    But closer up pictures of the leather might help.
    Or I am just seeing things, who knows, it's 2AM here after all.
    Luis

?

thank you Potato i will also ask for more pictures of the leather
    greetings Wes

Hello Weske,

The leather liner does not match the condition of the rest of the shell which is in a much worse state. I don’t think it is the original one and has most probably been added or replaced. This is the first red flag as it indicates that the helmet is not in its original condition. Ideally what you want to see is all of the various elements that make up the helmet being in a similar state of wear.

Due to the thick paint I can’t tell if it’s an M35 or M40 but ask for closeups of the area below both vent holes so that we can see if there are any traces of a decal. Closeup photos outside in the daylight if possible also so that paint can be better evaluated.

Is the helmet being advertised as a Normandy helmet?

Andrew
    Last edited by AndyM35; 08-25-2019 at 02:35 AM.

I agree more close up photos needed. There are only 4 so far that are detailed enough. I also suspect the liner is a recent addition. As for the paint it does appear old, but is it 1944 old or 1973 old?, that is the question.

MAP
    ?

Agree. Seriously doubt that the liner is original to that helmet. The liner band is totally rusted and nothing on the leather?

I'm even doubting the originality of the shell. Those vent holes are pretty massive.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The paint is interesting and I agree with Anderson that it appears to not have been very recently applied. I can’t see any paint over pitting which is in its favour. The paint in the closeup of the skirt looks like a Luftwaffe blue/grey. Let’s hope the new pictures are closeup and hi resolution.

I think Michael is on the money here!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-25-2019 at 06:00 AM. Reason: added pic

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast