Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Normandy Brushed Camo

Article about: Hi Iam looking at this M40 EF Three color brushed Camo everything looks good to me except one thing. I’ve done some reading up on Camo helmets lately and I do have one question. the inside

Default Normandy Brushed Camo

Hi Iam looking at this M40 EF Three color brushed Camo everything looks good to me except one thing. I’ve done some reading up on Camo helmets lately and I do have one question. the inside paint and decal outline would suggest it is a Heer helmet but why is around the decal where it should be black it’s white? I’ve heard of the base of the decal smearing but wouldn’t it be a black smear instead of white?? The only other thing I could think of is the tan paint wearing down in the area causing it to look white. What concerned me is that it looked kind of like a SS Decal which would mean a fake decal and would automatically mean the Camo is bad any opinions are highly appreciated. Thank you guys as always.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy Brushed Camo   Normandy Brushed Camo  

Normandy Brushed Camo   Normandy Brushed Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy Brushed Camo
    P
    Many

When wil you learn Giants ! Bigger photos :-)

Lol thank you Schwerpunct for some reason these pictures of the helmet are smaller and blurrier than the originals when clicked on for some reason let me try and see if I did something wrong sorry about that!

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Lol thank you Schwerpunct for some reason these pictures of the helmet are smaller and blurrier than the originals when clicked on for some reason let me try and see if I did something wrong sorry about that!
    You probably captured the thumbs instead of the enlarged photos.

As far as i know some decals had a white base layer, and the black as priting above the base layer, which in your example maybe got damaged, thus exposing the base.

I think that is also the case on my SD M42, as you see there is not much left, but what is left seems to be the last, white layer.

Normandy Brushed Camo

That is interesting! And I like the M42 helmet! It has that combat look!

CGR
    ?

Its hard to tell in the photos. I was always told the paint has an interaction with the decal and the paint would not adhere to the decal because of a chemical reaction. Anyway here is my Normandy Helmet and painted over Heer decal for comparison.

Normandy Brushed Camo
    Normandy Brushed Camo
    Normandy Brushed Camo
    Normandy Brushed Camo

CGR
    ?

What I mean is the paint and whatever they mixed it with had some type of chemical reaction and although it would cover the decal it would flake off in places where the decal is especially if the decal had varnish applied. If you have ever painted a room before that had wallpaper on the walls and you didn't get all the glue off before you painted then you what I am talking about.

?

River valley militaria always has quality stuff and is a trusted deal IMO. I’d fork over $3200 if I didn’t have a motorcycle addiction as well.
    Pull the trigger m8.

Quote by Mkuls View Post
    River valley militaria always has quality stuff and is a trusted deal IMO. I’d fork over $3200 if I didn’t have a motorcycle addiction as well.
    Pull the trigger m8.
    Their photos are terrible though, Paul has a good rep but it is smart to do your homework when you are spending that kind of cash.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast