Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Norwegian M35

Article about: Hi people, found this big boy for an extremely cheap price and the more I look at it the more I like it. It's a NS 68 M35 batch number E 172, it has an aluminium liner band dated 1937 . Not

Default Norwegian M35

Hi people, found this big boy for an extremely cheap price and the more I look at it the more I like it. It's a NS 68 M35 batch number E 172, it has an aluminium liner band dated 1937 . Not sure where the leather liner comes from as it's not been dyed red but it has red felt between the leather and the band, the roller buckle chinstrap may have a hint of red about it. Some things I find interesting are the location of the decals , brush painted outside but no paint underneath the top layer, different colour sprayed green paint inside the crown, no washers on the liner pins and what looks to be grey paint on the chinstrap bales. All points to an interesting past life. Cheers B
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian M35   Norwegian M35  

Norwegian M35   Norwegian M35  

Norwegian M35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Norwegian M35
    P
    Many

Nice one! strip it back to see what it was! Kidding.

CBH
    ?

Nice find in a great size, just put a helmet cover on it.
    These Norwegian reissue are getting harder to find, many where stripped for decals , or became fake camouflage helmets. Unfortunately.

Just noticed that the decals appear to be different colours , has anybody seen Norwegian decals in this location before?

not me never handled one only a cleaned back ss (partial decal) one decades ago

Looks like a Czech liner with no holes in the tongues and not sewn at the rear but it has the Norwegian domed brass split pins....?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Congratulations,
    Great decaled Norwegian survivor.
    The 10 tongue liner installed Czech style ,with corroded Norwegian brass pins as Dan said,is really interesting.
    Thanks for posting it

Very nice helmet in great condition.
    Finally one which didn't have the decals scratched off or crappy fake ones added.
    As far as I know the leather was put in if the M31 leather piece that used to be in there got worn out and the Norwegians replaced it with one like this.
    Too bad so many people go looking for org. paint on these when on 95% of cases there is nothing beneath the Norwegian paint besides the steel.
    Luis

Thanks for that Luis, the paint on the outside is very thin and applied with a brush on bare metal, but on the inside from the liner band up it's a different colour and a lot thicker, over all I think it's an interesting looking lid and a keeper.
    B

?

a rely nice helmet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast