Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian M42 reissue helmet

Article about: Was kinda torn on getting this but got a great price on it so couldn’t resist. I almost didn’t get it because the cheap looking liner and chinstrap not the normal German dyed red ones. The l

Default Norwegian M42 reissue helmet

Was kinda torn on getting this but got a great price on it so couldn’t resist. I almost didn’t get it because the cheap looking liner and chinstrap not the normal German dyed red ones. The liner and chinstrap were Norwegian made towards the very end of its service to replace the old German ones. They also had another type of replacement better then this one. It’s very poorly made and even has wire connecting it to the cardboard band. The chinstrap isn’t as bad and is dyed dark red also. The shell paint and decals are both in great shape and the steel German made liner band was left in with the Norwegian liner split pins. Cool piece of history. It’s a ckl sheel from 1943 I think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian M42 reissue helmet   Norwegian M42 reissue helmet  

Norwegian M42 reissue helmet   Norwegian M42 reissue helmet  

Norwegian M42 reissue helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Norwegian M42 reissue helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not to up to speed on these but hear it is tough to find these unmolested. Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I had one of these back in 1987, I seem to remember that the chinstrap was a matt russet leather type & the liner was a lighter colour, matt finish too, also recall there being a strip of yellow felt under the leather liner as well. The colour of the helmet & the decals were identical, at the time I wasn't to sure what it was, no internet etc...
    Regards
    Paul

?

Getting tougher to find these as more and more people removed the paint in pursuit of German decals. Nice find, hoping to find one myself one day