Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NS68 SD M42 helmet.

Article about: Hello all, The newest addition to my collection. A bath tub sized NS68 SD M42 which arrived on Friday. Named to soldier “Holtschmit” the helmet has a nice C.A.Pocher decal, a nine finger lin

Default NS68 SD M42 helmet.

Hello all,

The newest addition to my collection. A bath tub sized NS68 SD M42 which arrived on Friday. Named to soldier “Holtschmit” the helmet has a nice HJK decal, a nine finger liner and a 1942 chinstrap manufactured by R.Ehrhardt in Poessneck, Thuringia.

The shell was pressed at the Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke and remains free of any major ripples in the skirt. The manufacturers code and lot number are quite lightly stamped however I believe the lot number to be 3901. The exterior of the shell is finished in a matt Feldgrau which shows signs of what I believe may have been exposure to heat at some point. The liner shows good use while the drawstring will shortly be replaced with a correct period example.

Overall, I’m very happy with it and hope you enjoy the photos.
    Andy

NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.NS68 SD M42 helmet.
    Last edited by AndyM35; 12-01-2019 at 04:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NS68 SD M42 helmet.
    P
    Many

Very nice helmet, Andy, must be quite the bathtub indeed in that size
    Has a very nice look to it
    I think the lot number might be 3094 with the left part of the 4 being stamped so lightly as to not being visible.
    Can you make out a manufacturer and year marking on the liner band?
    The name is also a nice bonus, not a name I've heard before either.
    Luis

Nice Helmet! I also love that it is named, that gives it so much character.

Me likes Mate, but I'd pass too big Crap I forgot I have a 68!! I'll have to bin it!

Dumb question - could this have marks in the inner liner?

MAP
    ?

Finally...Long time coming.

A great looking example Andy. And very nice photos to show it off. This one ticks all the boxes one wants to see in an M42.

Big thumbs up. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Nice big one there Andy. Congratulations on picking it up. The HJ&K is tasty and perfect for an NS (as I'm sure you know).

I found one Holtschmit on the Volksbund site, but he was a WWI casualty. Decent chance "your" Holtschmit survived the war.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks Luis!

Thanks for the heads up on the lot number - I’ll take a closer look. I must admit I haven’t looked at the liner band yet as it’s quite tight and I don’t want damage it. I have a small mirror on a pole (something I picked up from MAP) and I might get a torch and have a look at some point. I love named helmets and with your comment regarding the rarity of the name I may have some chance of narrowing down the original owner.

Andy

- - ------- - -

Thanks Luis. Yes, named lids give the helmet that human element.

Andy

Thank Rene! I have big bin here in Sydney if you want to save some room in yours lol

Andy

I haven’t looked yet Rene. Do you mean as in a manufacturer stamp? I’ll check.

Andy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast