Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64

Article about: by Danmark Not the liner?? ( I think I can see the flat liner pins ) Sorry Danmark-yes i thought about liner !

Default OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64

Well I did it again - bought a helmet before asking for opinions..... but it WAS another one of those spur of the minute things.
    I know it is a 'put together' .... I bought it as such but the helmet itself ( with the green overpaint ) and the Luftwaffe decal underneath was just too tempting - and the price was right.
    I think the liner is OK, just out of another helmet. The crown is the original blue but I am not sure on the name - any feelings? and is that a Feldpost number???

What should I do? pull it apart and just display the shell .... or find some closer matching rivets?

BTW, these are the seller's photos - it hasn't arrived yet ( only just bought it ) so sorry for the size.

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64   OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64  

OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64   OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64  

OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64   OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64  

OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64
    P
    Many

Default Re: OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64

Isn,t norwegian??

I was watching this one myself but decided against this one and cut it from my watch list, so I never saw what it went for. The name looks consistent with the pitting and yes thats a feldpost number:

(16.2.1941-18.7.1941) Transport-Standarte Speer der Luftwaffe Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment
    (19.7.1941-14.2.1942) Stab Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment 2 Transport-Standarte Speer der
    Luftwaffe,
    dann Regimentsstab Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment 2 (Speer) der Luftwaffe.

I personally would take the liner our and display the shell until you find a better liner and pins, or even leave it as is. It always looked like an aged repro to me

Cheers
    Jason

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    Isn,t norwegian??
    Not the liner?? ( I think I can see the flat liner pins )

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    I was watching this one myself but decided against this one and cut it from my watch list, so I never saw what it went for. The name looks consistent with the pitting and yes thats a feldpost number:

(16.2.1941-18.7.1941) Transport-Standarte Speer der Luftwaffe Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment
    (19.7.1941-14.2.1942) Stab Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment 2 Transport-Standarte Speer der
    Luftwaffe,

I personally would take the liner our and display the shell until you find a better liner and pins, or even leave it as is. It always looked like an aged repro to me

Cheers
    Jason
    Hi Jason,

I got it for $203 - I just thought the repaint was interesting ( Luft ground forces or just a repaint by a Heer soldier who needed a helmet?? )
    The photos were too grainy to I.D. the liner as genuine or repo but If I squint looking at the two last photos I can see chinstrap wear on the stirrups and the correct felt and zinc liner band ( far right in the photo with the name ) ....... or an I imagining things?

Anyway a few days and I'll know for sure!
    Dan

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    The name looks consistent with the pitting and yes thats a feldpost number:

(16.2.1941-18.7.1941) Transport-Standarte Speer der Luftwaffe Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment 2,
    (19.7.1941-14.2.1942) Stab Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment 2 Transport-Standarte Speer der Luftwaffe,
    BTW, thanks for the Feldpost info - at least that lines up somewhat .... a faker wouldn't get that right, surely?
    Dan

Hey you did well on the price then, I should have kept watching! The shell itself is great and I would have bought as well. The green shade matches my green lufty overpaint.

As for the liner, yeah the felt is the right colour but I just dont like the look of its texture and colour, but hey like you said we will know in afew days

I would be confident the feldpost number is genuine, been a luft lid and an overpaint I can see it coming from a group like this.

Jason

?

A fellow truckie!

Whip that liner out I reckon and save it for a better matching shell. Or it it's original, sell it and recoup the cost of the shell.

Having done a bit of an quick internet search I see that 'Stab Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment 2 Transport-Standarte Speer der Luftwaffe,' ( which is what Volksjager linked to the Feldpost number ) formed in Summer 1941 with 9 companies, later 11 companies and ended the war in Italy.
    Would the light green colour of the helmet be for the Italian / Mediterranean campaign??
    Sorta has that shading to it??
    Dan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast