Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet

Article about: Hi there Gentlemen, What´s your kind opinion about this lid. The strap is not original. All help welcome! Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet

Hi there Gentlemen,

What´s your kind opinion about this lid. The strap is not original. All help welcome!

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet   Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet  

Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet   Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet  

Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet   Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet  

Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Very faint marking on the shell.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet  

It appears to be an authentic single decal M42 example. No red flags as far as I can see. The aging of the paint for this type of helmet appears consistent with what I have seen over the years. Our members will ask for a better photo of the decal, a manufacturer code and size (look at left the skirt area) and better photos of the chin strap and hardware. NH

Hi, looks like a decent Luftwaffe M42 to me as well, I cannot see any obvious issues, but to be 100% sure a good expandable close-up of the decal will be needed. Leon.

Jan
    ?

This pic of the decal should be at least a little better...

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on Luftwaffe helmet  

I agree, an honest M42...Very Nice Example...That's a Keeper, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Jan
    ?

Thanks Glenn, I ve been staring at the pics for hours and hours and thinking about everything I´ve learned on this Forum since the start. Everything looks right on this one (except for the replaced strap of course but I can live with that).

Best, Jan

It's a good helmet.

Quote by Jan View Post
    Thanks Glenn, I ve been staring at the pics for hours and hours and thinking about everything I´ve learned on this Forum since the start. Everything looks right on this one (except for the replaced strap of course but I can live with that).

Best, Jan
    Go for it! A nice helmet. Leon.

Curious. What makes you think the strap is replaced? A few more photos would help. Also, I always recommend allowing the strap to hang loosely rather than across the brim of the helmet. Over time, the strap will get damaged - possibly "knifed through" on the rim. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast