Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?

Article about: Opinion question..If your were going to purchase, which M35? They are both similar in prices. The reason for this question is I am looking and both have strong and weak points. In your opini

Default Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?

Opinion question..If your were going to purchase, which M35? They are both similar in prices.

The reason for this question is I am looking and both have strong and weak points. In your opinion, which would be the best purchase? I know certain likes of one finish over another plays into this as well as all the other aspects of both.

Thank you for advising your opinion.

BTW, no right or wrong answer with this, I am curious as to what is stronger within the decision process if you faced this choice, liners or decals & finishes?

Helmet# 1 does have a chin strap tear close to the buckle, half way through

Helmet#1 in images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?   Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?  

Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?   Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?  

Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?
    P
    Many

Default M35 Helmet Opinion question

Helmet # 2. Opinions and thoughts? Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?   Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?  

Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?   Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?  

?

Without hesitation, I would choose the first one, if the price difference between the two is not significant. The clarity of the decal is of utmost importance to me. Well, I am a perfectionist.

GL
    Tim

Try to get helmets without weak points , I would pass on both. It is never just a choice between 2 helmets the market is way bigger than that.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Try to get helmets without weak points , I would pass on both. It is never just a choice between 2 helmets the market is way bigger than that.
    Thank you Schwerpunkt, I forgot to include that option and it's a great point.

One fact that weighs on me is there are better ones out there but it seems to me the market is somewhat weak on these.

I had seen one that is really minty condition, had a COA on it done by a well known dealer in 2011. The asking price today is only 9% more than when it sold in 2011 as the sell price was listed in the COA. I thought it quite strange. Is the resale market depressed on these?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Thank you Schwerpunkt, I forgot to include that option and it's a great point.

One fact that weighs on me is there are better ones out there but it seems to me the market is somewhat weak on these.

I had seen one that is really minty condition, had a COA on it done by a well known dealer in 2011. The asking price today is only 9% more than when it sold in 2011 as the sell price was listed in the COA. I thought it quite strange. Is the resale market depressed on these?
    Prices are all over the place these days , % wise DD Heer seem to have gone up the least.

It is hard to say that a helmet that for example costs 30% more than 2 years ago will hold its value when you want resell it. That is the issue I have personally with today’s prices. They never spiked all across helmet types over the past 15 years like this.

Prices are all over the place these days , % wise DD Heer seem to have gone up the least.
    It is hard to say that a helmet that for example costs 30% more than 2 years ago will hold its value when you want resell it. That is the issue I have personally with today’s prices. They never spiked all across helmet types over the past 15 years like this.
    I am on a fence about this. As much as I'd like to get a Heer DD the voice in my head is saying SS instead. Typical collector problem the banker in my wallet says you do not have the $. So that's the reason for the OP, not a super large investment, but more it's in my collection than anything else as I'd enjoy owning a used in wartime helmet.

I see these helmets with unscathed liners and wonder why that is. An M35 that has not seen much use...signal bn, mess bn. etc but knowing all of the people in wartime were pressed into service regardless of career path. It just seems unusual to see liners that reflect material loss but look like they were barely used.

Still have not decided on either but the longer I wait I know one won't fall from the sky into my lap.

Thank you Schwerpunkt for what you wrote, appreciate it very much.

?

Get the one that will give you the most pleasure to look at on your shelf.
    You're not going to display it upside down or on it's side so get the one that looks the best externally.
    If you're asking the question, maybe neither is what you want?

Or get both!
    I find it very easy to spend your money.....

If it were me, I'd get the first one.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

.... you see, I would go the other way and pick the second - much more worn but more honest field wear.

For me, there is too much 'odd' about the first. Yes, I know photos don't tell the full story but is that a possible black post war paint-job that's been taken off?
    The inside skirt looks scrubbed and that liner looks quite moldy to me ....

As Frank rightly says, there are better ones out there but the question was "which of these two"......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast