Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinions

Article about: by Luis22 This is a M 40 Q66 HELMET, SD POSSIBLE SS HELMET,, Another M 40 DD Q66 POLICE in very good condition

?

Default Opinions

Hi Guys
    I just received this helmet I bought from a gentleman on Ebay, he decided to paint the eagle insignia so he could post the helmet on Ebay!!
    Any idea how can I Remove the paint covering the decal??

thanks,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions   Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions
    P
    Many

pjm
    ?

Default Re: Opinions

He should have been smart enough to paint it with tempura so it could be washed off...maybe it is. Odd that he painted the eagle but not the swastika..

?

Quote by pjm View Post
    He should have been smart enough to paint it with tempura so it could be washed off...maybe it is. Odd that he painted the eagle but not the swastika..
    When he first posted the helmet on Ebay the decal was fine, so Ebay cancel the post and I contacted him and he said that he no longer could sell the helmet because the insignia was offensive . I finally convinced him to sell it to me and he sent the eagle covered with some thick paint! I got it for a good price so I really can not complaint much...

?

i would contact dimas on the matter as hes the best for this

pjm
    ?

Ask the seller exactly what paint he used...brand name, laytex or other etc. That would make it easier to know what you are dealing with and the best means to remove it.

Meanwhile, try plain water on it..maybe it is a water based paint and will come off without chemicals.

?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    actually i keep looking at this and the white paint is OLD , so not done to sell on eban who knows, if these things could talk
    thats what i was thinking i keep looking at it & the paint looks old not fresh & ebay only bans the display of the swastika the eagle on its own would have been fine so i dont think the seller did it so may be hard to remove with out destroying the decal completely????

& by the looks of it some may have already tried as some of the white paint seems to be missing along with those parts of the decal??

?

actually i keep looking at this and the white paint is OLD , so not done to sell on eban who knows, if these things could talk
    I try to remove some part with acetone and there is only a fade silhoute of the eagle so I better stop and leave it the way its is.So far this is all I have from German WW II helmets some relics and some not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions  

?

Quote by Luis22 View Post
    I try to remove some part with acetone and there is only a fade silhoute of the eagle so I better stop and leave it the way its is.So far this is all I have from German WW II helmets some relics and some not.

?

condition, make, decal , and model, there all great to me, i like the snow cam, close up?
    M 35 DD Size 64 from Latvia ..

?

Quote by Luis22 View Post
    M 35 DD Size 64 from Latvia ..
    This is a Q66 HELMET, SD POSSIBLE SS HELMET,,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast