Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this German camo helmet

Article about: Literally found in the attic of a stately home and unknown to the current generation. Is it right? https://imgur.com/a/GAOSQ#KZqIiyD

rob2807
    ?

Default Opinions on this German camo helmet

Literally found in the attic of a stately home and unknown to the current generation. Is it right?

https://imgur.com/a/GAOSQ#KZqIiyD

2. # ADS

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites. Please edit your post and upload the photos directly to this thread.
    The first 4 or 5 posts in this thread explain how to do so.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

In a word No ....post war repaint artificial wear with added tool marks........................... another ruined piece of history

Quote by rob2807 View Post
    Literally found in the attic of a stately home and unknown to the current generation. Is it right?

https://imgur.com/a/GAOSQ#KZqIiyD
    Welcome Rob, I can't see a thing so I can't comment. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Here are the photos. I think I've seen a pattern like this recently...but maybe not.

Who found it? Or is this what you are being told? Buy the helmet not the story. And even if found in a nice house, maybe some kid from the 70's tarted it up to play with it...

Don't think the opinions will be positive. Paint looks modern acrylic and I see globs of it directly over rust surfaces. Inside looks scrubbed as well....

Opinions on this German camo helmetOpinions on this German camo helmetOpinions on this German camo helmetOpinions on this German camo helmetOpinions on this German camo helmetOpinions on this German camo helmetOpinions on this German camo helmetOpinions on this German camo helmetOpinions on this German camo helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A seriously messed up helmet, not one I would want with all that post war attention having been lavished on it. Leon.

Nope!....

Agree. That 1970's teenager has been at it again.