Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this M42

Article about: Hi guys, This helmet was recently offered by a private seller. I have asked for more pictures of the decal, but what are your opinions so far? I am by no means an expert in the field of Germ

Default Opinions on this M42

Hi guys,

This helmet was recently offered by a private seller. I have asked for more pictures of the decal, but what are your opinions so far?
    I am by no means an expert in the field of German helmets so any info is appreciated!

Kind regards,

Lars
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this M42   Opinions on this M42  

Opinions on this M42   Opinions on this M42  

Opinions on this M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this M42
    P
    Many

From afar (as stated pics are bad) looks ok. Paint looks good. Shell is real M42. Decal no clue. Dunno the maker can’t tell. Chinstrap looks fatter than most to me so wait for opinions on that and stamping on it looks too good. Regarding the liner. I know these had RBNumbers inside the liners later in the war but I haven’t seen what they look like to authenticate that one there. My M42 just has the size and date not in the typical RB format. Tie String Looks like a replacement to me but no big whoop on that. Post up more pics of decal when you get. Ask what maker it is
    Z

Thanks for the response! I got send an extra photo of the decal. I have some doubts but that might just be me being sceptical.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this M42  

I don’t think it’s a good one mate. Looks like a Fake Quist Bigfoot decal on an M42
    Z

Wait for more opinions in case I’m missing something but I say No Bueno

I agree with you Z - fake big foot decal. It certainly is not an ET decal. Quist decals were only ever found on Quist shells.
    You can see the (horizontal) scratch marks where they have attempted to age the decal.

I think liner and chinstrap are fake too.

nick

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    I don’t think it’s a good one mate. Looks like a Fake Quist Bigfoot decal on an M42
    Z

Wait for more opinions in case I’m missing something but I say No Bueno
    +1 fake BF. Helmet to steer clear off.

The ink stamp in the liner may look promising, but the way the leather is made looks incorrect to me as does the overall look of it, chinstrap may be questionable, too.
    And since the decal is crap it's indeed better to look for something else.
    Luis

Thanks! I really appreciate all the responses. I will be looking further.