Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40

Article about: Hi I would like opinions please on this SD Luftwaffe helmet the shell is stamped NS 64 / D162 it is advertised as an m40 but I think it's an m35? The paint finish is rough and almost a blue

Default Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40

Hi I would like opinions please on this SD Luftwaffe helmet the shell is stamped NS 64 / D162 it is advertised as an m40 but I think it's an m35? The paint finish is rough and almost a blue grey colour when in hand appears almost black. The liner is Good as is the drawstring all liner pins very tight to shell . Not sure about chinstrap? Any information greatly appreciated. Thanks Jon. Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40   Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40  

Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on SD Luftwaffe m35/m40
    P
    Many

It is an M40 - look at the vents, in M35 they were a separate item pressed in.

Chinstrap looks ok to me as does the liner. Helmet may have been heavily cleaned or scrubbed or had a post war paint job removed?

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for your input Dan. Think the flash on the camera deceives the eye the helmet looks a blue/ grey colour in the pics but very dark grey almost black when in hand . There are the odd rub marks / scratches but paint seems very consistent and wear natural liner pin colour also matches shell no other traces of paint. Liner very soft and supple glad chinstrap seems ok. Came to the conclusion it was an m35 as I did a search and could find no information on a NS m40 SD Luftwaffe? Many thanks for confirming it to be an m40. Cheers Jon

Jon the chinstrap is a 20€ fake.
    I would go for a better example , lots of Luftwaffe helmets out these with much better decals albeit a little more expensive.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Jon the chinstrap is a 20€ fake.
    I would go for a better example , lots of Luftwaffe helmets out these with much better decals albeit a little more expensive.
    I was very suspicious of the chinstrap thanks for the conformation on it. Do you believe the paint to be original? I have seen the same shade on m40's SD Luftwaffe ones in threads on here . What would you say this helmet is worth.

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    I was very suspicious of the chinstrap thanks for the conformation on it. Do you believe the paint to be original? I have seen the same shade on m40's SD Luftwaffe ones in threads on here . What would you say this helmet is worth.
    For me value is important when the quality is there , the scrubbed decal of which I can't say from the photos if it is good or bad prohibits me of making a valuation. As I said in my previous post I wouldn't put money on the table for this one.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    For me value is important when the quality is there , the scrubbed decal of which I can't say from the photos if it is good or bad prohibits me of making a valuation. As I said in my previous post I wouldn't put money on the table for this one.
    Many thanks for your honest opinion the seller wanted £340 for this helmet unfortunately my budget is very tight to go much above this so it leaves me fairly restricted as to what I can buy. I new the liner was ok and paint seemed good as you said the decal isn't so great but thought it wasn't to bad for the money. Think I will take your advice and save a bit more to get a better example. Cheers jon

M38
    ?

Considering the poor condition of the outside compared to the nice liner, I'd have to believe the liner has been replaced and is not the original one to this shell. Bad strap, poor paint and decal.... for 340 pounds you can do better. As an example, one was listed 10 minutes ago much better overall for $600 on another forum, or just keep an eye out on the sale section here.

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast