Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Org Todt Q62 Relic Shell for opinion

Article about: Apparently found in Cherbourg a Q62 displaying feint remains of OT decal. Looking for some opinions please guys. Thanks Gary

?

Default Org Todt Q62 Relic Shell for opinion

Apparently found in Cherbourg a Q62 displaying feint remains of OT decal.

Looking for some opinions please guys.

Thanks
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Org Todt Q62 Relic Shell for opinion   Org Todt Q62 Relic Shell for opinion  

Org Todt Q62 Relic Shell for opinion   Org Todt Q62 Relic Shell for opinion  

Org Todt Q62 Relic Shell for opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Org Todt Q62 Relic Shell for opinion
    P
    Many

You will get the same opinion from me here as on WAF , a lot of these are post war applied. Unless provenance is rock solid most of these OT painted insignia cannot be trusted.
    Also it would have been applied on top of a sturdy decal in this case. All the paint and the decal is gone so it's odd the OT paint survived.

?

Thanks for the input on both forums appreciate it. Looking to gather a selection of opinions across both valued groups. it is the O/T paint that i find odd too as i feel that has been added post war...i am curious about the decal as under a strong magnifyer it does look like its original to the lid.....i wonder if someone got hold of a beat up relic O/T Quist shell and though applying a bit of weather o/t paint would add value to it.

Quote by GARYCI View Post
    Thanks for the input on both forums appreciate it. Looking to gather a selection of opinions across both valued groups. it is the O/T paint that i find odd too as i feel that has been added post war...i am curious about the decal as under a strong magnifyer it does look like its original to the lid.....i wonder if someone got hold of a beat up relic O/T Quist shell and though applying a bit of weather o/t paint would add value to it.
    I don't see a decal to be honest.

The outline in white, if real, would have been hand painted using a stencil and not a decal. Organisation Todt decals are a real anomaly in terms of the more regular decals we see and verified examples are few and far between. What remains on the side of this shell is too faint and worn to be able to even try to verify as original or not.