Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original German Camouflage helmet?

Article about: Hello Forum, A friend got this helmet as a gift, makers mark and Lotn. overpainted. The liner is gone, but the band is def. original and the split pins seem unmolested. It seems like there w

Default Original German Camouflage helmet?

Hello Forum,

A friend got this helmet as a gift, makers mark and Lotn. overpainted. The liner is gone, but the band is def. original and the split pins seem unmolested. It seems like there was a decal once, but it was completly scratched off. The chinstrap is mostly gone, but there are remains of an post-war repair.

In general i believe this may have been used by kids to play with, but it may be an original camouflage, a very nice one at that.

All opinions and comments greatly appreciated!

Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original German Camouflage helmet?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Really really hard to tell from these in door photos.

From what I can see, I think the exterior camo is ok. Yes the interior looks like it was cobbled together for a kid to wear. Can't say much about the paint on the skirt.

Nice exterior photos that are clear and no bright flash would help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

From these pictures I’m not a fan of it, I see shiny bare metal on the air vents and around the rim the paint looks scrubbed. But as said better pictures are needed.

He gave me a few more pictures, but the day wasnt that sunny:

Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?Original German Camouflage helmet?

MAP
    ?

Hmmmm...... inside skirt looks to be a DAK like pinky, is that a black coat of paint under the exterior camo? A lot to unpack with this one.

The more I look... the more confused I am... and the less I comfortable I am.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Any Divisions fight in Afrika then Normandie?

I´m not sure if its a pink, i tend more to a tan, which the first pics support. Seems to me like the tan is the base layer, maybe a general southern front camo which was later reworked into more of a normandy color. The black spots are supposedly bare metal which has darkened. The colors in general seem to vary much, depending on the light.

MAP
    ?

Camo's and Photos.....never a match for in hand. I'm 50/50. Still unsure about the "black" being bare metal, at least in some places. I think I see black paint on the split pin heads too.

I’m still not a fan of this one, in the exterior scratches in the paint I see a lot of clean looking paint in them and the wear in general looks artificial to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast