Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original helmet or fake ?

Article about: Hi Guys Can someone please tell me if this helmet is an original or fake M35 (size 68) Thanks in advance i realise someone has done a bad paint job

Default Original helmet or fake ?

Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me if this helmet is an original or fake M35 (size 68)

Thanks in advance

i realise someone has done a bad paint job
    Original helmet or fake ?Original helmet or fake ?Original helmet or fake ?Original helmet or fake ?Original helmet or fake ?Original helmet or fake ?Original helmet or fake ?Original helmet or fake ?Original helmet or fake ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original helmet or fake ?
    P
    Many

Looks like an original M35 shell to me.

MAP
    ?

Cant tell if an M35 or M40. Helmet looks to be a relic as there clearly is pitting. Maybe even some bondo work.

If you haven't bought it, don't waste any money on it. Real shell or not, it's not worth it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks to me like it may have been an Norwegian Post War Reissue Helmet, where someone tried to undye the liner - with bad results.

I agree that it looks like a Norwegian reissue. Liner does appear to messed with as suggested. I don't like how the serial number and manufacturer/size marking were dug out. However. the markings should confirm the shell as original. So the question posed was "original or fake?" It is a real helmet - not fake albeit altered from the original state. Is it worth purchasing? Depends. If you want an "original condition" WWII German helmet this is not the one. Neil

With that lot number 4477, it can only be an M35 ( 1939 production ) as the next time that sequence comes around, it was the M42 era of ET shell production.
    This is from Brian's book BTW, where he groups that number in a series of DD Heer helmets .... maybe ?

But as all the other guys have said, this has had so much work done to it, speculation on what it once was is fairly moot!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ok thanks a lot guys for the replies

I must admit I was put off by the paint job etc.

It is for sale quite cheap at £250 - would it still not be worth buying ?

MAP
    ?

Quote by gavgood View Post
    Ok thanks a lot guys for the replies

I must admit I was put off by the paint job etc.

It is for sale quite cheap at £250 - would it still not be worth buying ?
    Not at that price. There is little to no collector value left in this helmet. This is one to pass on.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks - I will pass on it then

Looks like some postwar paint