Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

original helmet liner for an 68 shell

Article about: Hello experts Here is a old german liner with chinstrap i hope you can help me Regards Bavarian

Default original helmet liner for an 68 shell

Hello experts
    Here is a old german liner with chinstrap
    i hope you can help me
    is it true or fake
    Regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original helmet liner for an 68 shell   original helmet liner for an 68 shell  

original helmet liner for an 68 shell   original helmet liner for an 68 shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original helmet liner for an 68 shell
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

If you are going to put this in a helmet I would pass. To me it is a fake leather liner and I would even consider that the liner band is fake as well. The fonts of the name (B&C Litzmannstad) as well as the dates do not match to example published in Ken N's book ( I take as a fact that Ken's example is original). If there were different fonts used on originals, I don't know.... That said, there is one on Alexander & Son's website that matches yours. (And I think they are a reputable shop)

What's inside II, German Helmet Liners 1940-1945 - Alexander and Sons German Helmet Restoration

I will also say that the top and bottom edges of this liner band are quite pronounced. Similar to what you see on an aluminum version. Again, don't know if there are variations but on the zinc steel examples, I thought they were not as deeply crimped. Could just be a trick of the eye from the poor photos.

The leather liner as noted to me appears to be a fake. Or at least (photos are less than optimal) it has been treated or dyed black.

I also doubt the chin strap...but these I know little about. (Sure wish someone would publish an article on chin straps! LoL)

I found an example of the font style published in Ken's book

SZ Antiques, Premium Source for Genuine Collectibles & Militaria

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Strap is repro IMO

Hi, for me the inner band may or may not be correct, i am not disputing Michael's thoughts, just not positive about that element. As for the leather parts, i personally do not like either the liner or the chinstrap, so that adds weight to Michael once more!! This is one i would pass on. Leon.

MAP
    ?

If you are looking for a sized 68 liner, try this guy on WAF he usually has a rotating stock (if you are not a member there you will need to register most likely to access the classified section. It's easy to register like here.

The 68 he has appears to be a steel liner band so OK for an M40 or M42.

Plus you can also put a "Wanted" ad in our classifieds.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would skip it, looks like an aged repro and leather looks bad , the strap for sure a repro.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I would skip it, looks like an aged repro and leather looks bad , the strap for sure a repro.
    Thanks Frank. Not something I've focused on before so was not sure about the band. But to me it looked too dissimilar to known originals to be real.