MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original KM Decal??

Article about: by Schwerpunkt That's a trick you best pretend you never heard. Fake decals spotting just requires a good set of eyes and the memorisation of all original decal graphics. It takes commitment

Default Re: Original KM Decal??

John, thanks for this thread. I havent come across this Fake before & wouldnt have known about it without your help.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original KM Decal??
    P
    Many

Thanks Paul, im glad that what that 'expert' was saying had been noticed, apart from him I've found this quite a useful thread and to be honest before reading the posts made by the true experts I would have said that this decal was genuine.

Thanks to John for showing it and the true experts for explaining

Danny

Dezades
    ?

Wow... That's seriously a repro I would fall for.
    Helmet collectors are definitely walking into a minefield these coming years...

Maybe I should stop collecting helmets. Whats fun about having an expensive "original" helmet if you don't know if it's repro decals or real ones? You'll just never find peace about it.

I hear ya Dez...I have 6 helmets...5 are 4th Reich, and one is 3rd...

all from reading this forum, I've lost a few large.

Quote by Dezades View Post
    Wow... That's seriously a repro I would fall for.
    Helmet collectors are definitely walking into a minefield these coming years...

Maybe I should stop collecting helmets. Whats fun about having an expensive "original" helmet if you don't know if it's repro decals or real ones? You'll just never find peace about it.
    Thats what this and other forums are for mate. You can always check originality... I would never pay £££ before checking first. We are lucky, imagine all the collectors in the 80's buying up 70's fakes.... they had hardly anyway of checking!

Quote by Dezades View Post
    . Whats fun about having an expensive "original" helmet if you don't know if it's repro decals or real ones? You'll just never find peace about it.
    The fun is learning about them , being able to confidently buy a helmet without having to ask anyone. I have been there as a novice collector , asking forum opinions for every new purchase but in the meantime you try to educate yourself.
    I can walk around a fair today and buy the helmets others would not pick up because they don't feel secure enough to buy them.

There's a bunch of information here and out there just waiting for you to absorb it.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The fun is learning about them , being able to confidently buy a helmet without having to ask anyone. I have been there as a novice collector , asking forum opinions for every new purchase but in the meantime you try to educate yourself.
    I can walk around a fair today and buy the helmets others would not pick up because they don't feel secure enough to buy them.

There's a bunch of information here and out there just waiting for you to absorb it.
    Listen to this man!!

I hear you cats....keep the info coming

Dezades
    ?

Yeah, i bet you are right. In some way helmet collecting has gone a lot more exciting than before. Now its some of a puzzle, and I actually think thats good

However, I just wanted to point out that it could be a nightmare IF the fakes got so good that not even an expert could tell the difference.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast