Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an Original M35 Camo?

Article about: Hello Forum, This helmet is for Sale, inside Paint and Liner look convincing to me, but what about the camouflage Paint? The Helmet itself is a M35 Quist 66 with the Lotnr. 428. It has at fi

Default Is this an Original M35 Camo?

Hello Forum,

This helmet is for Sale, inside Paint and Liner look convincing to me, but what about the camouflage Paint?
    The Helmet itself is a M35 Quist 66 with the Lotnr. 428.

It has at first glance none of the obvious red flags, there are signs of Use, for example on the vents and in general the helmets shows definitly signs of use. What do you think? Do i miss obvious signs that its a fake, or is it an Original?

As always all help and Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Is this an Original M35 Camo?Is this an Original M35 Camo?Is this an Original M35 Camo?Is this an Original M35 Camo?Is this an Original M35 Camo?Is this an Original M35 Camo?Is this an Original M35 Camo?Is this an Original M35 Camo?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an Original M35 Camo?
    P
    Many

I be been out of the German helmet collection field for a few years but I do not like the wear pattern on this helmet, a lot of the markings or gouges look the same. Please wait for others to confirm or to shot me down.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Yes, after looking at it more i also think the the dome of the helmet has for example suspiciously littel wear, although i would expect that part to have the strongest wear.

Not a fan of the camo on this one. Paint looks relatively new and the areas where the paint has rubbed in photo 6 appear recently exposed and lacking in age related patina as highlighted below.

Edit: Just to clarify, I’m referring to the the areas of the tan paint where the higher peaks have been rubbed off exposing newish looking lighter paint.

Is this an Original M35 Camo?
    Last edited by AndyM35; 10-13-2020 at 08:48 PM.