Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Original m40?

Article about: Hey, I saw this m40 helmet on a market, do you guys think it’s an original?

Default Original m40?

Hey, I saw this m40 helmet on a market, do you guys think it’s an original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original m40?   Original m40?  

Original m40?   Original m40?  

Original m40?   Original m40?  

Original m40?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original m40?
    P
    Many

The photos are very poor, however I’m not seeing any red flags so far. The images of the interior paint look period but I would ask for better photos to see if the helmet is overpainted or pitted as the dome appears to be very rough in a few images. Looks pretty good though and it’s a size 60 as well which makes it a little more scarce.

Andy

MAP
    ?

I would agree and follow Andy's advice.

Better photos are needed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I asked for more photo’s, but the seller simply said:’ no, there are already 7 photo’s.’

?

Refusal to offer additional images is, in itself, a major red flag. He could well have something to hide, or even not own the helmet. Proceed with caution, you did well in asking the guys on here for advice before purchasing the item.

MAP
    ?

Carl is spit on. If the seller is not willing to give you more to make an informed decision then walk away

There will be other opportunities out there
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)