Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Original M42?

Article about: Hello I´ve seen this nice ND M42 up for sale, and i wanted you Opinion. I think ND Helmets are underappreciated Helmets, and i´m thinking of getting this one before its ruined by someone s

Default Original M42?

Hello
    I´ve seen this nice ND M42 up for sale, and i wanted you Opinion.
    I think ND Helmets are underappreciated Helmets, and i´m thinking of getting this one before its ruined by someone slapping a SS Decal on it.
    The Chinstrap and are a bit weird looking, but they still seem Original to me and unopened, the shell is a rear Marked one, whith the maker unredable and the Lot Nr. 2921.
    What i especially like is that the Shell is named. The seller asks 290, which seems like a good price.

Any red Flags i missed? If i did, i would be very thankful if you could tell me.

Regards,
    A.

Original M42?Original M42?Original M42?Original M42?Original M42?Original M42?Original M42?Original M42?Original M42?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original M42?
    P
    Many

The shell looks to be in original condition with lots of paint remaining. The chinstrap appears to have the tip cut off but hard to see how many holes it has to see much it’s been shortened. The liner is appears to be sitting in the wrong position with the seam over at 2 o’clock rather than to the rear of the shell. But hard to tell from the rivet photos if the liner has been out and how old the repair is. Would be interested to see a photo of the rear liner pin and the front pins from an angle that shows if or how loose they might be.

Personally I love M42’s for their raw look and the way they epitomise the economy saving measures of the latter part of the war.

Andy

The leather ruins this one a bit , not its condition but the fact it is inserted incorrectly.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The leather ruins this one a bit , not its condition but the fact it is inserted incorrectly.
    Slave labour assembled at the EF or NS factories perhaps?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Slave labour assembled at the EF or NS factories perhaps?
    Looking again I see it seems to be a CKL with a lot nr in the decal range. So not a real ND helmet.
    No you cannot attribute this specific liner to slave labour.

Is this an ET/CKL helmet? The font type let me think this. The helmet looks ok to me by the way.

Now that Frank has pointed it out I can see the faint outline of a Heer decal on the left side.
    Andy

Someone bought it before i could. But i´ll just try to find a real ND one (Bc of you Andy now definitly want one) with a better liner, the search for one is one of the most fun parts of collecting anyways!