Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66

Article about: I just got this M40 Q66 yesterday, it was directly purchased through a vet's grandson. His grandfather took it from a KIA German (he killed) along with a few other items. Upon closer inspect

?

Default Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66

I just got this M40 Q66 yesterday, it was directly purchased through a vet's grandson. His grandfather took it from a KIA German (he killed) along with a few other items. Upon closer inspection I found the hard to see name "Luther" scratched in to the front lid. This helmet has never been in a collection. The only info I could get about the Vet, was his name, "Guy Adams" from Georgia. If someone could point me to any resources to start researching this vet, anything would be appreciated.
    Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Out of the Woodwork M40 Heer Q66
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice. Salty but nice. Probably due to post war storage. A later war (1943'ish) Q M40 based on the lot number.

You can begin your search using the NARA database. Might be difficult with a common name but you might get lucky.

NARA - AAD - Main Page

I found a "GUY E ADAMS" from Richmond Georgia. Might be your "Guy" LoL But said he was Air Corp

Another one "GUY P ADAMS" from Floyd Georgia.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice catch , not often you see a salty used Q no decal helmet.

MAP
    ?

Posted this in another thread started by the OP.

"Sorry to be a pain...but there seems to be a lack of "thanks".

I spent a bit of time answering a number of threads by the OP last night and another from a few months back. Not one acknowledgement to me or others.....

You all know that I'm easy going but I see a trend here..."

Possible K98k Bayonet

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...en-gwl-698416/

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Posted this in another thread started by the OP.

"Sorry to be a pain...but there seems to be a lack of "thanks".

I spent a bit of time answering a number of threads by the OP last night and another from a few months back. Not one acknowledgement to me or others.....

You all know that I'm easy going but I see a trend here..."

Possible K98k Bayonet

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...en-gwl-698416/
    Wow, I'm incredibly sorry for not giving credit where credit is due. My many thanks for all of your help, and I'll do better with my manners in this forum in the future. Thanks for everyones help, especially you MAPS

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mkuls View Post
    Wow, I'm incredibly sorry for not giving credit where credit is due. My many thanks for all of your help, and I'll do better with my manners in this forum in the future. Thanks for everyones help, especially you MAPS
    I am giving you a hard time ( ) but in a constructive way. We all go out of our way to help all members here to further learning and understanding. We are not looking for our ego's to be stroked just an acknowledgement of the services provided.

Thanks for the reply. Water under the bridge.

A nice find, good un-messed with Quist M40, i hope Michael's "leads" will pay off for you, always good to get the background history to an item. Leon.