Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!

Article about: Hi all, I've stumbled across a Geramn helmet that is curious! By the looks of it, it is dated from 1943. I'm wondering if it is original and if so is it wartime or postwar? I study history i

Default Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!

Hi all,

I've stumbled across a Geramn helmet that is curious! By the looks of it, it is dated from 1943. I'm wondering if it is original and if so is it wartime or postwar? I study history in college and have always had a passion for WW2 so if authentic this would be quite the find for me!

Any and all opinions are welcome and appreciated!

Thank you,

Jake

Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!
    P
    Many

Hello,
    I will let the experts elaborate about this helmet, but it does not look good i'm afraid
    From what i can see, the leather liner has perforations on the front, which identifies a postwar liner, genuine, but still postwar.
    I'm not optimistic for the rest either
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Agree with JR's thoughts. I even have doubts that this is a real period WW2 German helmet. Where the paint is missing, appears to show aluminum. Can't see any liner band. The liner itself is wrong. Vents look wrong.

I would not pursue this helmet, but good on you for posting here prior to purchase.

Andy

To me a real stinker. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this piece original? Extremely interesting!  

Haha!

M38
    ?

Jim said it best. Look at the wide flat rolled rim on the inside of the shell. That is the first red flag among many.

Cheers,
    Terry

German helmets were not dated there on the leather , it is a complete fabrication.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    German helmets were not dated there on the leather , it is a complete fabrication.
    As already stated, if nothing else such a date stamp on the leather is an instant no-no. Then the perforations at the front of the leather at which point I stop looking.

The other points mentioned are all killers on their own.

I do hope you didn't buy this because whatever authenticity it had in the first place (if the shell were right) is now totally gone.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The vent holes are another giveaway.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The vent holes are another giveaway.
    Quite so and you can spot those at a distance. I didn't bother to mention those as the rest is so bad but it is perhaps a worthy point to note as it is something that once you know what to look for would surely stop you even picking it up to examine it further except in the case of wild curiosity

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast