MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?

Article about: Hello, I have been offered this Luft for \\$700. I would like to know whether it is authentic and does it appear to be in original condition? Also, as for value, is \\$700 a fair price? Two conc

Default Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?

Hello,
    I have been offered this Luft for $700.
    I would like to know whether it is authentic and does it appear to be in original condition?
    Also, as for value, is $700 a fair price?
    Two concerns I have.
    First, it has a dome stamp. I was under the impression that dome stamps stopped by the time they made M42s?
    Also, I thought $700 was kind of high based on my review of other helmet websites.
    That being said, maybe there is something special about this one that I am missing.
    That is why I would like opinions.
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?   Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?  

Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?   Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?  

Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?   Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?  

Attached Images Attached Images Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?  Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?  Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?
    P
    Many

I asked for a few more photos of the outside of the helmet and a strait on pic of the decal.

Liner appears to be Norwegian ReIssue, will gladly stand corrected...Doesn't appear to be original to the helmet...
    $700 is way too much in my opinion...Luftwaffe helmets are the easiest to find and generally found in the $350-$450 range...
    Looking forward to other opinions as well....
    Glenn

Thank you for your input.
    Here are a few more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?   Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?  

Personally I would not pay more than $350 as I could probably get around $400 for it.

I managed to score this partial decal from Germany for $150 a few weeks ago...all I had to do was clean it up...
    I recommend passing on this one...you can do better for the money.
    Glenn

Please help - m42 luftwaffe helmet - authentic?  

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I managed to score this partial decal from Germany for $150 a few weeks ago...all I had to do was clean it up...
    I recommend passing on this one...you can do better for the money.
    Glenn
    Agreed, you could buy Glenn's

Not for sale, this one's my keeper, lol....

The decal is a little better on this one.

the only positive thing this helmet has is the decal and the dome stamp , the liner looks like it was replaced.
    If you look around you can find many untouched unquestionable LW helmets with good decals around 800-850 USD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast