Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Police Helmet

Article about: Enclosed pictures of latest purchase, which i like a lot, but hope you do to? I'm pretty new to the world of helmets, but thought I should get one! Thanks

RECON
    ?

Default Re: Police Helmet

Tietze,

That is indeed an excellent looking helmet. Nice condition decals. I have not seen many helmets like it.
    Can you read a dome stamp inside?
    What do you think is its approximate value?

2. # ADS

?

the helmet has got 2 stamps on the inner rear rim, 4732 and also ETC8, if anyone can let me know what they signify i'd appreciate it. Helmets are not realy my thing.

Whats it worth? Somewhere more than £1,000, but its not for sale!

Thanks

RECON
    ?

Tietze,

The ETC8 denotes the manufacturer and size. ET stands for the Thale firm. C8 is probably really 68 and stands for 68 cm helmet size. I believe the 4732 stands for the production Lot.

Look carefully on the inside of the helmet at the highest point of the dome and you may be able to see an oval black ink stamp approx 1 inch long. It is not found on all helmets because it is a quality inspection stamp that was put on randomly selected helmets after lot inspection.

?

I'd have never spotted it unless you had raised it but it does have the very faint traces of an oval stamp at the top of the dome, probably almost 2 inches across the widest point with either words or numbers inside at the top and in the middle. You can only see it with the light at certain angles..... now i wish I could work out what they said.

Thanks for all the comments.

Tietze

Hi Tietze, please see this link for details about dome stamps. They are very difficult ot photograph I know. My FJ lid has one and I can never seem to get a decent pic of it.

German-Helmets.com

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2