MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & Comment

Article about: I have some new pictures that I would like all of you to look at and comment on. I have a very clear "DRP Thale A" stamp on the rear and a newly seen "X C" or "X O&q

Default Police Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & Comment

I have some new pictures that I would like all of you to look at and comment on. I have a very clear "DRP Thale A" stamp on the rear and a newly seen "X C" or "X O"stamp on the left ear inside. Of course I am the most interested in what you think of the decals. Can you give an explanation of the paint? It looks like some of the black paint is scratched off and there is brownish?orange primer paint. There is some white paint but I think it is on top of the black. All four pins are present but nothing left of the liner or frame. The guy I got it from is 56 and has had it 25 years. He got it form a neighbor who brought it back from Germany. Neighbor last name was Kuhn he said. Enjoy the pictures. I will be anxious to receive your responses.

Thanks,

William
    Police Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & CommentPolice Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & Comment

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Helmet Photos Update - Please Look & Comment
    P
    Many

The decals are fine. The brown stains seem to have formed around the rivet areas. Looks more like oxidation to me.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The decals are fine. The brown stains seem to have formed around the rivet areas. Looks more like oxidation to me.
    The brown around the rivets is rust. The brown paint is on top of the helmet.

Thanks for your reply.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Please look at pictures #13 & #14for the brown paint on the top of the helmet. Also, do you have any idea what the stamping "X C" or "X O" means?

Thanks,

William

MAP
    ?

Can't help with the red/brown paint but the white just looks like post war scuff marks.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Can't help with the red/brown paint but the white just looks like post war scuff marks.
    Any idea on what the "X O" stamp is on the inside of the left ear?

MAP
    ?

Sorry. Civil helmets are not my forte. But I can look and see what I find.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Sorry. Civil helmets are not my forte. But I can look and see what I find.
    Thanks, I have been looking but have not yet found anything.

MAP
    ?

I found nothing. I'm sure someone knows. Given the location of the mark I would assume some type of proof or inspectors stamp.

Hi, no idea about the stamps but the decals and shell are fine, no worries there. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast