Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?

Article about: Have had this forever. I am certain it is of Polish manufacture. It looks like a WZ31 but it has a rolled edge and the liner is cloth with a leather strap across the dome. Anyway, I think it

Default Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?

Have had this forever. I am certain it is of Polish manufacture. It looks like a WZ31 but it has a rolled edge and the liner is cloth with a leather strap across the dome. Anyway, I think it was repurposed, perhaps issued to the Luftschutz? Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?   Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?  

Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?   Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?  

Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?
    P
    Many

A few more shots of the interior. The liner band is attached the way that the liners are attached in WZ31’s. The paint is period I believe. All comments and observations are welcomed. Thanks. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?   Polish Helmet Repurposed -Luftschutz?  

?

Its a Polish Wz35 Civil Defense / Firefighters helmet

Casco polaco Mº 35

Looks to be postwar because of the liner and lack of the LUDWIKOW KIELCE plate on the back.

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Interesting helmet Jim. Don't often see polish helmets.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Steve. That is what is best about this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge that is willingly shared. Thanks again, Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Thanks Steve. That is what is best about this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge that is willingly shared. Thanks again, Jim G.
    There isn't a single visit to this forum that you don't learn something.
    Steve