Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post war m35 reissued helmet

Article about: Picked up a m35 post war reissued helmet. Has a very thick green/grey paint on it and hides the lot number and makers mark. The paint on the inside dome appears to be original. Really like t

Default Post war m35 reissued helmet

Picked up a m35 post war reissued helmet. Has a very thick green/grey paint on it and hides the lot number and makers mark. The paint on the inside dome appears to be original. Really like the post war reused German war shells has so much history to them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war m35 reissued helmet   Post war m35 reissued helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war m35 reissued helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I'm not well versed at all on these so can't tell you much (originality, etc.), but it looks nice.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There appears to have been double decals there at one time or under the paint now not to sure. Wish I could tell the maker and serial to find out what it once was.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war m35 reissued helmet   Post war m35 reissued helmet  

It could well be a Bundeswehr helmet. The BW used Third Reich produced helmets in the immediate post war period before adopting the American M1 helmet. It is said a stockpile of helmets the Allies had captured, Heer, Luft and SS, were handed over to the Bundeswehr who repainted them and then reissued them.

what a temptation to clean it back!

I would love to see the decals underneath for sure but I really like how it looks and the history being used again by Germany after the war

Was looking the helmet over again tonight and noticed a small chip on the left side of the helmet on where the decal should be. I know nothing about decals and it’s a long shot but I am going to post the picture anyways. Tried to get a good picture but it was very hard

looks like it's an army eagle to me?

?

I agree with Rene!

That’s what I thought also but if your looking at the helmet straight on it’s on the left not the right I always thought the eagles were on the right but I have only studied a few and could be wrong. Thanks for all the input I will try to take some more pictures of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast