Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm

Article about: I picked this up from a collector a little while ago, as a Norwegian repainted and refurbished but WW2 produced Stahlhelm. It is clear where the Norwegian army decals were on the sides, I'm

?

Default Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm

I picked this up from a collector a little while ago, as a Norwegian repainted and refurbished but WW2 produced Stahlhelm. It is clear where the Norwegian army decals were on the sides, I'm not sure what happened to them. On the inside I can see some markings in the helmet, but I don't know what they mean - my knowledge on Stahlhelm ID's and all that isn't great at all.

If anyone could tell me what these ID's mean (or anything else about this lid in general), I would really appreciate it!

It looks like in some places, some of the green Nord paintjob has been scratched away to reveal the original feldgrau paint? I could be wrong there though. Regardless, I'm very happy with this lid and how it displays!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm   Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm  

Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm   Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm  

Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm   Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm  

Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post War Norwegian Repainted Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

You see the lot number in the back (it is not a serial number) and the maker EF with the shell size 64 on the side.
    The leather has been dyed red by the Norwegians and by the looks of it may have received brass leather holding rivets that replaced the zinc / alu German ones. The chinstrap looks like the original German strap , often these are dyed red as well. Look for a maker mark on the tip of the strap.