Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42

Article about: This helmet is very cheap for what it’s being offered as but I’m seeing too many red flags to consider it. I’m pretty sure this one is going to get passed up by me but just to make sur

Default Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42

This helmet is very cheap for what it’s being offered as but I’m seeing too many red flags to consider it. I’m pretty sure this one is going to get passed up by me but just to make sure I’d like to run it past everyone.

I’m seeing traces of a shiny black post war paint that look like it’s been removed and probably why the decal is so damaged. There also appears to be camouflage paint underneath the decal which raised concerns as to the originality of the camouflage paint and decal. Not an expert but that’s what I’m seeing.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Potential 3-tone Camouflage M42
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Certainly post war painted black.

As you note, decal appears to be over the camo. A hard stop for me at that point. But hard to tell from these photos.

It is within the lot number range for having a decal (franks database has the same lot # as a Heer.

Not one for me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I can see the red paint / decal relationship BOTH ways from these photos! ( like when you look at a photo of a stamping - it can be indented or raised just by the image appearance )
    Also depends what you mean by cheap - if only a few hundred $ I would ( personally ) buy it just for the study exercise .... but that's just me
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you for the input guys, it’s not what I’d call cheap it’s just shy of $500 which is a lot of money but my thinking was it’s cheap for a camouflage helmet. Too much for a helmet like this for me.

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Thank you for the input guys, it’s not what I’d call cheap it’s just shy of $500 which is a lot of money but my thinking was it’s cheap for a camouflage helmet. Too much for a helmet like this for me.
    Yeah, that's pushing it a bit - $650 in Aussie dollars!! ...... I'd rather spend that on a nice plain ND M42!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Dan's comment about the stamping viewed in photos is very clear in the lot number Bhodi posted.
    I hadn't thought about paint layers in images behaving the same way.
    It is a really intriguing helmet with a very believable camo that would have been exciting to find under the black paint.
    With an original liner system as well after post-war use?
    Thanks for posting it.

Czech black no? good scrape there for maker!

It is messed with , better leave it.