MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q66 m40

Article about: Hi People could I please get some opinions on this. It is a Q66 M40 batch number DN259 hopefully the pictures speak for them selves. Many thanks B

Default Q66 m40

Hi People could I please get some opinions on this. It is a Q66 M40 batch number DN259 hopefully the pictures speak for them selves. Many thanks B
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q66 m40   Q66 m40  

Q66 m40   Q66 m40  

Q66 m40   Q66 m40  

Q66 m40   Q66 m40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q66 m40
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Tough one to say. It appears to be a Q style decal but so little remains, especially in key areas for me to make a call.

Maybe Jim or Frank can decipher from what is left.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for that MAP, I have checked out the lot number data base and it falls right in the middle of the DN lots ( DN248-DN270 ) that are all listed as Q66 M40 SD SS or LW. under magnification the decal or what's left of it has the same metallic background as original HEER helmets that I have, it also appears to be very well made and is very heavy. Thanks again B

MAP
    ?

The metallic background (pulver) does look promising from this one photo.

I'm cautiously optimistic on the decal, but not comfortable giving an opinion.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, as Michael said, so many of the area's needed to be sure if it is a good SS are missing. What I will say is that a characteristic of the Quist decal is that the points to the runes are not uniform in their print design and the two that are undamaged show that aspect. I too can see the metallic pulver in the images, so would be inclined to think it is a good one, but would not pay much over the going rate of a decal removed helmet as there is not enough left to be 100% sure or justify a big price. Leon.

Cheers for that. the price is very reasonable I think.

Thank you all for your input and this forum in general, living in Perth Western Australia we militaria buffs here don't have access to a lot of TR stuff as not many Australians fought the ground war against the Germans in WW2 ( my uncle was at Tobruk 2nd/23 bat 9th Div AIF ) and that which is here is in high demand and usually commands a premium price and sells very quickly, WW1 Iron crosses are plentiful here as lots of Australians served on the western front in WW1 and were well known as souvenir hunters, and they can be had for under $100. Anything German from WW2 was most likely imported well after the war and with the Aussie Dollar worth about 50p and 60c US at the moment you can see what we are up against price wise.

As a fellow Aussie, well said, BT. In many cases it’s take what you can get or pay big dollars. A lot of the stuff I see on Gumtree etc is fake. I’ve never really been to any fairs here in Sydney and don’t even know if there are any so most of my collection has been purchased from OS. Like many of us I’ve been caught out by the fakers but less likely now due to this great forum and the information provided byit’s members.

Andy

Thanks Andy forgot to add apart from the exchange rate you also have to factor in postage costs and now we get charged GST as well.��

I like what I see but am I 100% sure ? no because of how damaged it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast