Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Question about camouflage Helmets:

Article about: Hello forum, I am trying to get more and more into camouflage helmets, as i want to eventually buy one, but before buying comes learning. I recently discovered that my Great-Grandfather serv

Default Question about camouflage Helmets:

Hello forum,

I am trying to get more and more into camouflage helmets, as i want to eventually buy one, but before buying comes learning.

I recently discovered that my Great-Grandfather served most of the War as a Kradmelder in Norway, and thus i want to create a Display of a Kradmelder in Norway arround 1940-41.
    He was a painter by profession, so i am pretty sure his helmet (which is sadly lost to history and probably rusts in some pit in the Netherlands) would have been camouflaged, atleast i imagine that.

So i consider putting a camouflage helmet on this display, and i would like to know if there are "typical" Norwegian camouflage helmet patterns, i know that most patterns would have seen use on more then one front, but are there any patterns unique from norway, or atleast very common from there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about camouflage Helmets:
    P
    Many

Hi Adravor,

What a lovely sounding project!

I’d look at as many period photos as you can find on the subject and base the display on those.

On the subject of camouflage helmets, here is a quote from the German helmet vault website.

‘It would appear more original painted winter camo’s pop up in Norway where there was a more permanent need for such camo’s for a longer period of time.’

Hope this helps.

Collecting snow camo & red cross helmets – German Helmet Vault

I would recommend Jan's book - it's full of Norwegian camos:

http://www.german-ww2-helmet.com/

They are all a bit different, but this would be the right place to start.

Nick

Y'all got to it before I could - Jan Melands site is the best hand down when you want to look up Norwegian camos. The amazing thing is, that they don't really differ from camos from other places.