Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about double decal helmets

Article about: Hi guys. I have just recently become more interested in third Reich artifacts and am not very knowledgeable but, I have been learning from this sight and have bought some books to learn from

?

Default Question about double decal helmets

Hi guys. I have just recently become more interested in third Reich artifacts and am not very knowledgeable but, I have been learning from this sight and have bought some books to learn from. Anyway, I have a double decal helmet that my grandfather brought back along with a couple of daggers. To be more accurate, my father has them but they have always been “ours”.

My question is, the decals are a heer on one side (the one that is usually on single decal heer helmets I’ve seen listed here - an eagle holding a swastika) and on the other side a red and white shield with a swastika in black. All the others I’ve seen on this forum have the flag shield on the other side. I don’t have photos right now because the helmet is at my fathers house but I’m pretty confident of it’s authenticity. Is that impossible and my memory failing me at 47 years old or is it a common thing to have that combination? Sorry for the long post and no pics. I’ll get some soon but it may not be until Christmas. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about double decal helmets
    P
    Many

Photos are a must I'm afraid. Never saw that combo before as the Heer (Wehrmacht) was not part of the Polizei/SS.
    Maybe there is an explanation for it but only good sharp photos will tell.

Welcome to the forum, as Frank rightly states, that is not a known combination, but when you can get some good images and all will be revealed! Always nice to have "bring backs" in the family, look after them for the next generation!! Leon.

M38
    ?

Agree with the others, pictures will tell the story instantly. Maybe you are remembering the eagle as Heer but it is really a Police. Christmas pictures will be good!

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Thank you for the reply’s! I’ll make my way over there sooner than Xmas because now I’m thinking maybe I remember it wrong. The police eagle doesn’t look like it to me as I grew up wearing that helmet as a kid but admittedly haven’t seen it in a while....to be continued

M38
    ?

Great! Would be pretty cool to see pictures of the 2 daggers as well!

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Another amateur question - are there other markings on the helmet I should look for and take pictures of? It has the leather liner and most of the chin straps still attached. Sorry if these are things I should already know, life has been getting in the way of my hobbies lately.

Quote by SamohT View Post
    Another amateur question - are there other markings on the helmet I should look for and take pictures of? It has the leather liner and most of the chin straps still attached. Sorry if these are things I should already know, life has been getting in the way of my hobbies lately.
    Hi, no problem, we are always happy to help someone who is genuinely interested in what they have. On the inside skirt of the helmet there will be some stampings in the steel. Take snaps of those as well as they can tell us a lot in their own right. Leon.