Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

question m40 Q64

Article about: Hi guys, I have a question about a Q64 helmet , I'm interested in a m40 Q64 shell, the person who sells the helmet says the helmet is only stamped on the side with the makers mark and the he

?

Default question m40 Q64

Hi guys, I have a question about a Q64 helmet , I'm interested in a m40 Q64 shell, the person who sells the helmet says the helmet is only stamped on the side with the makers mark and the head size but no lotnumber. Now my question is, is it possible that some Quist helmets have no lotnumber ? and if the answer is yes , how rare is this, every help is appreciated, thanks Paul.question m40 Q64

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement question m40 Q64
    P
    Many

Hello Paul , every wartime M40 Q would have a lot number. But lot numbers can be very feintly stamped which may be why it is not there. But still a part of it should be there in my opinion.
    Rarity has nothing to do with it.
    Can't say much on the basis of this one photo so my information is just a general reflection.
    Are you sure it is a wartime shell ? The steel band folded inward looks very wide.

?

Thanks Schwerpunkt, much appreciated, I can't say it's a wartime shell, but I'll post a new picture, maybe this will tell you morequestion m40 Q64

?

sorry , having problems uploading picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture question m40 Q64  

?

The quality is not the best, sorry about that.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture question m40 Q64  

Steer clear, if you want a wartime shell.
    Currently there are a lot of "boo hoo I don't have good pics and no knowledge" auctions up on eBay, the seller knows full well the shell is post war but of course they don't admit it.
    Just typical despicable behavior.
    Q64 marked M40 shells were produced post war for the BGS, sometimes you can see them with the crest of Baden-Württemberg.
    Also the style of marking looks like on Quist M35s, the Q is different on M40s.
    I bought an identical shell for a low price once thinking it was wartime.
    Luis

?

Thanks Luis, I'll stay clear of it, learning something new every day with german helmets.