Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish

Article about: Hi All, I managed to obtain this Quist M40 earlier this year after looking for some time, it appears Luft Helmets are getting harder to find ( or is it me?)... It has the Luft Blue finish wi

Default Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish

Hi All,
    I managed to obtain this Quist M40 earlier this year after looking for some time, it appears Luft Helmets are getting harder to find ( or is it me?)... It has the Luft Blue finish with a Sand Textered Coating.
    The Chinstrap has been modified as it has no short strap for adjustment,, may be period done, who knows but I’ll leave it as it is.
    The Rivets are nice and tight so getting pictures of the Liner Band are difficult.
    Hope you enjoy the pictures, and comments appreciated as always.
    Regards ... Stevade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish   Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish  

Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish   Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish  

Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish   Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish  

Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist M40 Luftwaffe Rough Textered Finish
    P
    Many

I think it may just be you haha (at least in USA that is). BUT that isn't to say Luftwaffe though very abundant ... that they aren't special in their own right as this one is. Looks like regular M40 Q factory paint to me. Decal Looks like a good one as well . Now a Quist ND w the Blue Luft paint sometimes are hard to find indeed but even those I have been seeing alot of these days. Thanks for sharing.
    Z

•••That little smudge area is usually where many authenticate decals but maybe just a curiosity

For every 10 Helmets for sale in the UK 2 might be Luftwaffe, then they are snapped up regardless of condition.

Then I may open up a little Luft stand on the side of the Thames then. 3 Lufts for a shilling.

No. Good to know though. I’ve heard it can be difficult to obtain some items there. American M1s as well. So score! For you. Well done.

Well PaddyD00 when you do open this Stall alongside the Thames selling 3 Luft’s for a Shilling let me know I’ll buy up your complete stock.

Thanks for the comment...
    Last edited by Stevade; 12-28-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Very nice LW you bought.

Nice pick up!

Very nice, I think Luftwaffe helmets are one of the most common. I see them for sale almost as much as Heer. Nice to have a good one like this though.

Nick

That will be hard to upgrade! Great helmet. Jim G.

Nice looking helmet, what is the goop on the inside of the helmet ?? Looks like candle wax ?? (hopefully not some kind of glue).

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast