MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Article about: Gents, Here is my latest pickup - Quist M40 in Normandy camo finish. First off i would like to thank Michael for putting me on to this and also David for his valued opinion. I've wanted a ge

Default Quist M40 Normandy camo

Gents,
    Here is my latest pickup - Quist M40 in Normandy camo finish. First off i would like to thank Michael for putting me on to this and also David for his valued opinion.
    I've wanted a genuine Normandy camo for a while, but they can be controversial so i wanted to make sure i found something good - which i believe this is.

Some will have seen this example before as it has been posted on GHW, but i thought i would take my own photos for here. It is VERY difficult to photograph! I tried x4 times and i'm still not 100% happy with the results, but here you go.

Lot number is 350, Size is 64. I'm unable to see a dome stamp or chinstrap marking.

I hope you like! Thank you in advance for all opinions.

Nick

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist M40 Normandy camo   Quist M40 Normandy camo  

Quist M40 Normandy camo   Quist M40 Normandy camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist M40 Normandy camo
    P
    Many

x2 shots in direct sunlight which show the true colours:

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Quist M40 Normandy camo

Looks real nice , congratulations.

I would imagine these colours are a mare to photograph, but you did a good job with the pics. A fantastic looking lufty camo.
    Congratulations on your purchase.

It's a "dream helmet" Nick. Everything one should look for in this type helmet. Honest war time wear to the liner, it's named , decaled. Has it all
    D.

Superb! The colours are right and the patina is perfect. In fact it's that heavy wear that makes it so believable as a genuine "Normandy". Great find.

Thanks all for the positive comments.
    David, big thanks for your assistance on this - it's great to have help and additional view points from the collecting community, one of the things that makes this a great hobby.
    Nick

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Looks real nice , congratulations.
    I agree, a one look combat killer. Jim G.

?

helmet collections always depend on your experience and number of bowls, my valued incredible opinion relied on leaving wehrmacht stahlhelms to last for when i had the most experience on them because of the horrendous amount of copies that circulate. im very glad you are lucky enough to have found a beautiful but most importantly genuine m40 with original camouflage which is extremely hard to come by in its original form. amazing job mate

Very nice lid, i echo David's comment. it has all you what you want to see on a camo as to sleep at night !
    Last edited by sysyphus; 05-11-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast