Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?

Article about: I found this m35 de normadie Camo helmet on an auction, but is this an original one or is it a replica with post war paint? It goes for 500 euro’s

Default Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?

I found this m35 dd Normandy Camo helmet on an auction, but is this an original one or is it a replica with post war paint? It goes for 500 euro’s
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?   Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?  

Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?   Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?  

Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?   Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?
    P
    Many

Default More pictures

Here are more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?   Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?  

Rare Normandy dd m35 camo helmet, original or not?  

MAP
    ?

Hard to say for sure. But I'm leaning towards it being good. I would need to see it in hand to be sure.

Still. Given the condition, the price does seem very high for a relic.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Like Michael says, its hard to be definite with photos unable to be zoomed but it does look good for a relic ( screams 'wet area / swamp' find to me based on overall condition )

I believe the chinstrap, while original, is an addition - otherwise it would be in the same condition as the liner remnants IMO.
    Dan

I would suggest the decal condition is as expected from a helmet that has had the decal scraped off leaving the backing on the helmet. The outer paint colour looks favourable. If the price is high then I would expect evidence as to when and where it was recovered.