Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Recent Purchase

Article about: I have to say guys, that i have been reading your comments for many months before i joined, and i have learned so much. I love reading the forums here, so informative and interesting

I have to say guys, that i have been reading your comments for many months before i joined, and i have learned so much. I love reading the forums here, so informative and interesting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent Purchase
    P
    Many

Kradspam, thanks for the comment, could you please enlighten me about the decal being removed due to war regulations?

Peter

Sure toot. In late 1940 the regs changed and helmets would not receive the 3 colour national shield any more. In August 1943 they changed again and the eagle decal was also discontinued. Lids already in service would very often have them painted over or removed.

Hi Marty, Thanks for your comment as you mentioned the "decal" on close inspection there is evidence of specks of "gold flake"? According to what i have read, the gold flake appears through oxidization over time? Again i would value your comments.

Regards
    Peter

Hello Peter from a rather chilly Inverness. I really like your helmet it has a great look. If you don't mind me asking did you buy it or acquire it by other means.

Best wishes

Robin

Quote by robin morley View Post
    did you buy it or acquire it by other means.

Best wishes

Robin
    Hey Robin, it almost sounds if you are asking him if he stole it, LOL
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry, After I posted and re-read that thought crossed my mind to, what I was actually wondering was in light of how un-messed with the helmet looks whether or not Peter may have been given it by a veteran or if it was a family item..................However if he wished to admit to any unsolved crimes you know where to find me

Hi Robin from an equally chilly Lanark, it was a recent purchase. This is something i have been interested most of my life and this is my first helmet.

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Jerry, After I posted and re-read that thought crossed my mind to, what I was actually wondering was in light of how un-messed with the helmet looks whether or not Peter may have been given it by a veteran or if it was a family item..................However if he wished to admit to any unsolved crimes you know where to find me
    Hi Robin,

I was certain that that is what you were asking, but the chance to comment was something I could not resist.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry, If I had been in your shoes I don't think I would have been able to resist either.

Peter, An iconic Helmet and a great one for your 1st purchase, probably the 1st of many, they can be quite addictive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast