Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red cross helmet

Article about: Goodevening to everyone, I wasnt doing all that much this evening so why not post a nice helmet. Its a m34 red cross helmet in green. It in such good condition that i think no one ever worn

Default Red cross helmet

Goodevening to everyone,

I wasnt doing all that much this evening so why not post a nice helmet. Its a m34 red cross helmet in green. It in such good condition that i think no one ever worn this one. If you fold down the leather theres even an original paper with a message out of the fuhrers name himself that says:

rotkreuzarbeit ist selbstloser dienst
    an volk und vaterland in standiger
    hilfsbereitschaft. ich rufe alle deutschen auf,
    diese arbeit zu fordern.

Adolf Hitler

Schirmherr des Deutschen roten kreuz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red cross helmet   Red cross helmet  

Red cross helmet   Red cross helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red cross helmet
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Unusual to see one of these in green rather than gray, and I can't say I've ever seen a DRK decal with a black border. It's a good looking helmet but I'd be interested to hear opinions from some of the guys who specialize in this kind of helmet.

Cheers,
    Terry

I am afraid that I am with Terry on this one - I have never seen this version of a DRK decal. Jim G.

?

I have seen this decal before, unfortunately it was on a IMA sold double decal beaded M40. The problem with that double decal was that there was 2 of these decals one on each side. I have also found a few on another forum, each time big border was considered a fake. It has features that are very close to the round bottom. I might be wrong but it isn't one I would add to my collection without getting that decal under a microscope. This is my known good one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red cross helmet  

Ok that one got thrown under the bus pretty easily. So from where on would it be fake? The green is unusal so i guess the paintjob would be fake? The decal is fake cause its bourdered? So that would mean the interiour as well as the piece of paper is fake? Just a real shell then? Like to hear opinions..

Dan

But! … They threw it under the bus very nicely though . I’m not a Civilian lid guy but I’ll give a go … I would say that the base helmet looks like a fine civic lid. Is it stamped “Edel Stahl” anywhere on the inside brim? Paint looks ok to me but not for a DRK lid I think they were saying above. So just the decal is bad. As far as the card … that’s anyone’s guess
    Z

*** card looks like modern printing to me but could be wrong

It is typical for fake civic helmets to have tags and such added to them to sell them easier.
    The paper I am sure is fake , just like the decal.
    I have seen black borders on these but they are very fine and subtle. Look at the one shown as example in post 4.

?

The paper is an exact quote from a period Hitler/DRK post card. As to whether it is period or post I can not be 100% but I haven't seen one before in a long time of collecting DRK items but have seen the post card many times.

Well i dont know what to say. Somehow were going from helmet experts to paper and printing technique experts just bases on a photograph. No one has ever seen a paper like this so therefore it must be fake.

I took a picture of this piece of paper with an original wartime newspaper and a few papers i could find to take a picture with blacklight as for the decal. Both didnt fluorence.

To ask the question if its stamped edelstahl? No it isnt. I took some side by side pictures to compare and the model comes pretty close exept for the vents.

What i find strange is that there was done some microscopic experiment on the round bottom drk decal and it passed the test but would still be considered fake cause we have no wartime period photo evidence. Yet here we are with a nice pointed one en suddenly the border is too tick? Where is photo evidence of how tick this border should be?

What do we really now about drk decals because in heer decals or luftwaffe there are hundreds and drk to be honest only a handfull. How many variant are there? We dont know..but the tr sure had more drk helmet than those few we know of right now. Bear never mentioned green drk helmet bit does it mean they dont exist? He sure didn't see everything.

If the decal is fake to wich branche can we bring this helmet down because i never saw a similar one in this shape and colour? Did erel made helmets themselfe? A lot of questions unanswered.

In the future there may pop up some more helmets we never seen in a certain configuration. If everthing will be called fake just as easy as this one whitout proper research its a shame for the historical value.

For now im okay with this one being fake. If the farmer doesnt now it he dont eat it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red cross helmet   Red cross helmet  

Red cross helmet  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast