Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35

Article about: I just had a look at Regimentals website. They have stopped putting prices on all of their helmets, some helmets are marked as 'price on request'. I was wondering what benefit this could hav

Default Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35

I just had a look at Regimentals website. They have stopped putting prices on all of their helmets, some helmets are marked as 'price on request'. I was wondering what benefit this could have? I have never encountered this before and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have? I was interested in a helmet on the site and have submitted an enquiry. I also noticed that they now endorse the XR Facts certificate, so I also asked them if all their helmets are submitted to the test before sale? Could this be something to do with the 'price on request' ? This is the helmet I have asked about. What sort of price do you reckon they will come back to me with for this one. I will start the bidding at...£1450 Any guesses gents?
    Attached Images Attached Images Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35  Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35  Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35  Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35  Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35  Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35  Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35
    P
    Many

Default Re: Regimentals / DD Combat Police M35

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    some helmets are marked as 'price on request'
    Serious enquiries only. Stops all the "lookers" and "wanna be's"

I do it sometimes. Keeps interest up

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Serious enquiries only. Stops all the "lookers" and "wanna be's"

I do it sometimes. Keeps interest up
    Ok. Well I haven't got £1400 to spend on a lid, so I guess I fit right into one or both of those category's. I enquired because I am interested to see what price they come back with as I saw one of these in the same condition as this for sale at £850 on GHW.

i had a regimentals catalogue bk in the 90s and the stuff thats expensvie carried the POR banner bk then too pity i wasnt wealthy though i did missout on sa daggers at 135 pounds as well as a pea dot unifrom for 800 pounds who wants to say u poor bugger waaaaahhhh

?

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Ok. Well I haven't got £1400 to spend on a lid, so I guess I fit right into one or both of those category's. I enquired because I am interested to see what price they come back with as I saw one of these in the same condition as this for sale at £850 on GHW.
    Regimentals are selling items at a premium top dollar prices at the moment , they sold a Fallschirmjager helmet for £7000 at War and peace amd all the other lids were very expensive !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I don't usually comment on such things, it's not etiquette. But I do feel that I should clear up a few misconceptions over Regimentals.

I have personally known Malcolm, since 1972 (although he wouldn't admit it) He did then, and still does today, get some absolutely stunning pieces. Sure, now and again he'll get a duff piece, like everybody in this business does, BUT he will always take it back, no matter how long it's been. He takes a hammering on a lot of forums, unjustly in my opinion. The more successful you are, the more exposure you get, the more you're open to criticism. Know your stuff, and don't rely on anyone to convince you it's real, if you collect, and collect blindly, you'll get stung, I promise.

Everybody moans about prices. Funnily enough it's the collectors that set the prices, not the dealers, it's supply and demand. I could buy a nice single decal M40 with a great bird 18 months ago, for £400, and sell it for £450. Now that is only 12% profit, and when you're laying out that kind of money, it could take a while to re-coup it. But now, when you want to buy something from a collector, the prices are mad, which has in turn pushed the prices up so that helmet 18 months ago at £400 is nearer £650 now.

don't shoot the messenger. Look within to find why prices have increased so much. So many people I know collect for investment WRONG! Collect because you like it!

Off my soap box now

?

Agree John i hope my post didn't sound as if i was having a go at Malcolm as it wasn't intended to.

Due to their outstanding reputation and the quality of the pieces they have for sale they have the right to charge the prices they do but you are right the customer dictates the prices as people are willing to pay them.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

yeah even bk i nthe early 90s the prices i quoted were on the higher side of things amazing what an extra 20 yrs will add isnt it !!!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Agree John i hope my post didn't sound as if i was having a go at Malcolm as it wasn't intended to.
    I didn't see your post Paul as I was taking my time compiling that one And that para lid, was, in my opinion, worth every penny. I mean, where else would you find a real one

I have no problem with anyone asking whatever price they want for an item, but I would not pay over 900 US Dollars for that particular helmet. I have seen them in better condition for less. Just my peronal budget and opinion, but I understand that if you can afford to pay more and really desire an item, then you should go ahead and get it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast