Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reissued Double Decal Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: Here is one I have had for about 20 years, a double decal Luft, ET62, lot number 3086, with a snake leg droop tail bird, complete with liner (a bit dry with one torn finger) and unmarked chi

Default Reissued Double Decal Luftwaffe Helmet

Here is one I have had for about 20 years, a double decal Luft, ET62, lot number 3086, with a snake leg droop tail bird, complete with liner (a bit dry with one torn finger) and unmarked chin strap (a bit stretched most likely from the vet hanging the helmet on a hook on a wall for years). The single banded unreinforced Braunschweig liner is dated 1937. The helmet was, at some point, repainted a field grey. There is some paint on the leather, so it is clear the liner is the original component. They painted around the bird and mostly covered the white and red swathes of the tri color. The bird and the black field of the tri color do not appear to have been post War liberated. I always get a kick out of the paint runs on these repainted pieces, and on this one this is most apparent on the back of the piece. All in all a nice representative piece. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reissued Double Decal  Luftwaffe Helmet   Reissued Double Decal  Luftwaffe Helmet  

Reissued Double Decal  Luftwaffe Helmet   Reissued Double Decal  Luftwaffe Helmet  

Reissued Double Decal  Luftwaffe Helmet   Reissued Double Decal  Luftwaffe Helmet  

Reissued Double Decal  Luftwaffe Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reissued Double Decal  Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

I am a big fan of reissued LW helmet. Nice one Jim.

I’d love to have a nice early luft helmet like this, nice one!

Lot of character in this one Jim!