Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reissued M18

Article about: Hello, I´m offered this reissued M18 helmet. Is it okay? Thank you for your support. Best regards

Looks like a light green to my eyes Andy and I do agree it appears to of been painted with the liner installed, maybe they placed paper or a cloth maybe inside before painting? Just a guess.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reissued M18
    P
    Many

That is one fine looking M18 you have there,the look and paint and overall condition is exquisite this is one of the nicest no decaled transitionals i've come across,great purchase.....

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Looks like a light green to my eyes Andy and I do agree it appears to of been painted with the liner installed, maybe they placed paper or a cloth maybe inside before painting? Just a guess.
    Yes, not sure what they would have used if it is indeed the case. None of the reference materials go into details that are that specific.

?

Thank you all so far for your comments, they made me happy because I had some doubts.
    I´ve compared the green with two M16 from my collection and the green on this M18 inside appears close to the field green of the two M16 I have. I´ve tried to get a picture but it does not show how it looks in reality.
    I believe the paint was done with assembled and protected liner.

?

I´ve looked for any stamping on the Aluminum liner band but I can`t find any (on the parts I can see without disassembling the liner). Is it not mandatory to have?????
    I know only from repro liners that there are no marker stampings

Quote by Kasper View Post
    I´ve looked for any stamping on the Aluminum liner band but I can`t find any (on the parts I can see without disassembling the liner). Is it not mandatory to have?????
    I know only from repro liners that there are no marker stampings

There’s no issue at all with the liner band so don’t worry about touching it. Those early bands are quite fragile and thin which was why they were later reinforced. It sits tight in the shell, so any moving it around may damage it. It will have a makers stamp but it’s not absolutely necessary to see it.

Quote by Kasper View Post
    Thank you all so far for your comments, they made me happy because I had some doubts.
    I´ve compared the green with two M16 from my collection and the green on this M18 inside appears close to the field green of the two M16 I have. I´ve tried to get a picture but it does not show how it looks in reality.
    I believe the paint was done with assembled and protected liner.

Yes, I think without having it in hand it would be difficult to tell if it an original field green from its WW1 usage or an apple green from its early TR time in the 30’s. Either way it sounds very much like the inside of the dome was not painted when it was reissued - just the outside of the shell and the inside skirt. There was one shot inside the dome that looked a bit like the outside paint but as you said it’s hard to photograph and you have it in hand. It’s a moot point anyway as the helmet is perfectly fine.

Andy

?

Thank you very much Andy.
    Best regards

?

Just was made aware of this interesting post.
    The helmet shown in the post is quite similar to mine.
    M18 SS - KL Sachsenhausen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2