Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reputable dealer?

Article about: Hi there Apologies to admin if I am posting in the wrong section! Just looking for your opinions & experiences with the dealer Regimentals? Items seem to command a premium but appear to

Default Reputable dealer?

Hi there

Apologies to admin if I am posting in the wrong section!

Just looking for your opinions & experiences with the dealer Regimentals?

Items seem to command a premium but appear to be high quality.

I would welcome any information

Best regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reputable dealer?
    P
    Many

If you do not know what you are buying best have it check out first.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    If you do not know what you are buying best have it check out first.
    + 1

A dealer can be the nicest person and we all are close to some dealers at some extent..the bottom line is the item being sold that should be examined first regardless of the reputation of a dealer or anyone who sells.

Your goal is to add to your collection ..unless you have a collection of dealers that you squeeze into a display case

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

on dealers do your home work. it could save you $

I've purchased several Kriegsmarine medals from Regimentals - they were all good and at a reasonable price.
    However, they do not have high resolution photos.
    I would post any item on the forum first before purchasing.
    Nick

I bought one Sturmeschutz jacket and the parcel came 6 weeks after I paid, open !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The "parcel", hard paper...open

Reputable dealer?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

If it's a German helmet, definitely post here first.

Thank you for your replies, most informative!

I am fairly new to the game of collecting & went crashing in on a number of items last year (which I had checked out here with you guys first). I am now wanting to build my first mannequin display & becoming more select on where I can make this happen.

I appreciate this project will take time but I have the enthusiasm for it.

Best regards

Matt

I think Matt is asking here whether there are any major "red flags" with this dealer and he is being told to "do research" which is really what he is trying to do and his seems a reasonable question for a novice collector to be asking.

My answer would be no not in this case (though I have heard of some having complaints and that is normal for a prevalent dealer in any field) but as with all dealers they are not infallible and the point being made by the respondants is that until you feel sure of your ability to spot problems (and even then in individual cases of items you are not 100% about) you should post pictures here (other forums are available) for open discussion amongst members with appropriate experience at the same time as reading as much material and viewing as many other pieces as you can. Handling known original items personally is priceless too.

This way you will become conversant with you subject and know what to look for.

You will always (mostly) get a useful answer here but there is no substitute for having your own knowledge base to enhance your enjoyment of the hobby.

I suppose the main thrust of the answer is "find out yourself" but that means gain experience which includes dipping into the vast pool of knowledge that resides here.

Always ask but equally always look about and learn through personal experience.

It is a bit like the old "Kwai Chang Caine" thing

Ah Grasshopper

YouTube

Ask away and soon you will be the one answering.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast