Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Salty M35 DD - real?

Article about: Hi all, I have the chance to purchase this salty M35 DD, which was supposedly found in Gumrak, Russia in 1994 (according to the seller). Anyone care to venture an opinion? I think it has a l

Default Salty M35 DD - real?

Hi all,

I have the chance to purchase this salty M35 DD, which was supposedly found in Gumrak, Russia in 1994 (according to the seller). Anyone care to venture an opinion?

I think it has a lot of character, and the decals seem to be excellent - although this is also triggering some alarm bells as they look almost too good. Obviously it's extra salty and would need a lot of protection to stop it deteriorating further, but seems like something that should be preserved if it's real. The seller is asking 230 euro.

Would appreciate opinions from you gents. Also the hole in the back, shrapnel or just age damage?

Thanks all!

Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?Salty M35 DD - real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty M35 DD - real?
    P
    Many

Looks good to me!
    Around that price seems to be the going rate for something in this condition.
    Renaissance wax is your best bet to stop the flaking.
    Last edited by Danmark; 07-18-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks good to me too! Without a better photo I would guess that rear hole has been drilled out perhaps for bolting to a wall or something, it just doesn't have the right look for a projectile penetration.

Hi, looks like a good M35 HEER to me as well, if you are happy with the price, then it's a nice relic. As for the hole, maybe the diggers pick axe went through it! Leon.

?

Could well be a shrapnel that hit it
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Thanks gents. I think I will definitely pick this one up... very excited, it's my first lid!

Salty but nice

Nice relic!...